Veolia North America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Water Distribution Tech/Laborer
at Veolia North America
- Operates machinery and equipment associated with the operation of a wastewater collection system manually and through instrumentation panels, computer terminals and programmable logic control units following process control procedures. Monitors and observes operating conditions, records observations and data in shift log. Diagnoses basic operational problems and takes corrective action per procedure.
- Promptly reports any operational problems with machines or equipment to Lead or Supervisor. Mechanical lift for manhole covers, Inspects field equipment and becomes proficient at mechanical troubleshooting to determine repairs needed.
- Rehabilitates, repairs and replaces applicable sewer system infrastructure such as
manholes, catch basins, sewer lines, etc.
- Performs manual labor including cleaning equipment, facilities and grounds as
required and properly disposes of waste according to safety and environmental
policies. Operates vehicles, mobile equipment and material handling equipment for operational and maintenance purposes.
At Veolia North America, we offer our customers a wide range of environmental solutions and help address their environmental and sustainability challenges. By blending our innovative business model with our employee’s skills in operations, engineering, and technology, we are able to supply our customers with the complete package. Our services encompass three areas: energy, water, and waste. At Veolia, we are more than the world’s leading provider of environmental solutions – we are dedicated to customized, cost-effective solutions that reflect best practices, environmental protection, and a better quality of life!
Veolia is a dynamic and rewarding place to work – our management team values and recognizes the unique talents and potential of all employees. In addition, we offer our employees excellent rewards and a dynamic, professional work environment. We also provide a comprehensive benefit package to our employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, employee matched 401(k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, paid time off for vacation, sick and personal leave, and much more!
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join the Veolia North America Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
- High school or GED with the ability to read, write and comprehend English (maps, operational, maintenance, safety and quality instructions) and be able to carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude with ability and willingness to provide manual labor and maintenance support to system operations.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. Some vocational training and mechanical aptitude preferred, with the ability to read, interpret and record data from meters, gauges, panels, computer consoles and other equipment.
- Must consistently demonstrate the ability to learn and independently perform assigned duties and meet or exceed production and quality goals.