The Salvation Army National Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Summer Vacation Bible School Program Helper
at The Salvation Army National Corporation
- Job ID
- Youth Work
- Salary is $10.00/HR
- Temporary Full-Time
To create an atmosphere in which children are able to receive healthy mentoring and peer relationships, continued educational experiences, physical education, and instruction about the Bible and prayer.
- Accompany students on field trips.
- Plan various educational activities and structured game times
- Lead groups of children in activities.
- Assist with all student performances
- Supervise children and teen volunteers to ensure all have access to a safe space for learning and worship.
- Keep program areas organized and free of clutter. When finished for the day, clean all areas that have been used for the programs.
- Maintain statistical information, as needed by program Director.
- Be prepared and available to help volunteers, and children seeking Christ as their personal Savior.
- Be willing to help with any other tasks as assigned by the program Director.
- You must be able to represent The Salvation Army’s spiritual ministry and social mission in all spheres of influence.
- Confidentiality is essential for this position. Breaching said confidentiality will result in immediate termination of service without further warning.
- It should be noted that the above duties are essential functions of the position, but other duties necessary to the overall enhancement of Salvation Army services may be required.
- Must have experience working with children and young people.
- Must have some educational background in Christian Ministry, demonstrating effective planning skills in developing and implementing youth activities and outreach.
- Commitment to evangelical Christian outreach and to uphold The Salvation Army mission statement.