The Salvation Army National Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Summer Intern-Administrative Assistant/Social Worker
at The Salvation Army National Corporation
- Job ID
- Compensation Min
- USD $32,000.00/Yr.
- Compensation Max
- USD $40,000.00/Yr.
- Temporary Full-Time
To provide a welcoming and helpful atmosphere to those seeking information or assistance from The Salvation Army. To collect donations and payments for programs and document appropriately. To supervise volunteers and coordinate all social service ministries. Render case management services to clients recognizing their physical, emotional spiritual and social needs making full use of agencies and community resources under the direction of the Corps Officer, in addition, to assist in any Salvation Army program application process- Summer Camp, After School, Thanksgiving and Christmas and any other programs as needed.
- Administer and coordinate all daily social service ministry activities in the Newburgh Corps, including soup kitchen, food pantry, mobile canteen program, emergency rent and utility assistance, volunteer and community service worker projects.
- Assume responsibility for acquisition and data collection for monthly statistics; give oversite on storage of foods and donations.
- Serve as primary contact with other community organizations to refer clients and receive client referrals.
- Supervise volunteers – teaching basic job skills and provide resources for potential job opportunities.
- Develop and maintain contact within the community to access resources both monetary and in kind and maintain record of and provide stats on a monthly basis.
- Organize and maintain accurate client files and statistical information for monthly reporting and grant processing.
- Keep front office and storage spaces organized and free of clutter.
- Ensure coverage of front desk and management of office. Ensure telephones are covered at all time during work your hours.
- Provide clients with available social services as well as spiritual assistance, including access to resources, programs, worship opportunities and referrals to Corps Officers for further spiritual counseling.
- Be prepared and available to help clients seeking Christ as their personal Savior.
- Must be able to represent The Salvation Army Spiritual ministry and social mission in all spheres of influence.
- Confidentiality is essential for this position. Breaching said confidentiality will result in immediate termination of services without further warning.
- It should be noted that the above duties are essential functions of the position but other duties necessary to the overall enhancement of The Salvation Army services may be required
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Social service or related field or minimum of 5 years of experience in related field.
- Experience in administrative work preferred
- Proficiency in basic computer skills for administrative task
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have NY driver’s license or in process of acquiring a driver’s license
- Bilingual (English/Spanish preferred
- Commitment to evangelical Christian outreach and to uphold The Salvation Army’s Mission statement.