The Salvation Army National Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army National Corporation
- Job ID
- Salary is $10.40/HR
- Regular Part-Time
The sales clerk assists in the general operations of the thrift store. This includes processing donations, sorting, pricing, tagging, selecting and shelving, operating the cash register and other responsibilities as assigned. The Sales clerk is to keep the thrift store organized and clean at all times.
- Prepare merchandise for sale by pricing and tagging items and clothes.
- Assist the Manager in creating an attractive shopping environment, which includes neatly stacking, shelving, and hanging clothing garments and other donated goods.
- Work with the Manager to enforce pricing policies (one price/no haggle) and recommended strategies for Sales promotions to maximize sales.
- Ensure the thrift store is always organized and clean, which includes sweeping, vacuuming, mopping floors, cleaning bathrooms, dusting shelves, washing windows, etc.
- Must keep information in a confidential and secure manner.
- Must be able to adhere to project and work deadlines.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Prior work experience in a retail setting.
- Must be flexible and willing to work every Saturday.
- Ability to handle a cash register including void transactions, making change, tax exempt sales, etc.
- Excellent math/accounting skills and familiarity working with cash receipts.
- Must be self-motivated who can work in a constantly changing environment.
- Must have excellent people skills and must be able to handle problems and issues appropriately without being offensive to the public.