The Salvation Army National Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Facilities Kitchen Manager
at The Salvation Army National Corporation
- Job ID
- Food Services
- Regular Full-Time
This position is Facilities Kitchen Manager and will be directly responsible to the Corps Commanding Officers. The responsibilities include to prepare, serve, and clean up for daily Soup Kitchen meals, keep food and kitchen supplies inventories, order food and supplies. Coordinate and do food pickups. This is a full-time non-exempt employee position with a basic work schedule from 7:00 A.M. until 3:30 PM.
- Maintain a food service operation under the guidance of the Corps Commanding Officers
- Regularly discuss menu options and meal needs with Corps Officers.
- Prepare and serve Breakfast and Lunch for Soup Kitchen clients using donated food area restaurants when available, and/or from food pantry stock.
- Prepare the meal for the Seniors Program on Tuesday
- Prepare a meal for the children’s programs on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Make sure the meals serve are attractive and nourishing foods
- Cleanup prep and cook areas, serving area and dinning room, including mopping entire kitchen.
- Work with kitchen volunteers to meet sanitation safety and nutritional standards as outlined by the State. (Proper attire is mandatory)
- Work to accomplish all tasks within the work day.
- Responsible for food and supplies inventory and rotation of food
- Must maintain a Gift-in-kind reports of food donations and various kitchen donations.
- Responsible for ordering food and supplies in consultation with Corps Officers
- Responsible to maintain all equipment clean, sanitized and in working condition, i.e., refrigerators, freezers, range, dishwasher, sinks, cupboard, utensils, etc.
- Responsible of receiving food donations and to keep donation totes and donations bags clean
- Keep daily records of food ordered, prepared and consumed.
- Take temperatures of foods served daily
- Facilities Kitchen manager is responsible to receive, check, date and store food and supplies in an approved manner.
- Keep Kitchen garbage in designated covered receptacles
- Inform Corps Officers of needed repairs, and replacements of kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Kitchen manager is responsible to keep stock room clean and orderly
- Before leaving work, make sure all supplies are ready for the next day, brought out of the stock room, so that all food items are on hand.
- Kitchen Manager is responsible to Commanding Officers to perform any additional assignments under their direction
- The Salvation Army has the right to modify, delete or add to this job description
- High School Diploma / Complete Trade School for Cooking Apprenticeship
- Experience in a fast-paced kitchen environment is required.
- Must have appreciation and commitment to the mission and ministry of The Salvation Army
- Strong Interpersonal and organizational skills
- At least 3 years of experience in a “soup kitchen” environment
- Supervisory Skills as well as good quest service skills
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 40 pounds
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Must be able to function effectively with minimal supervision
- Maintenance and cleaning skills
- Able to do Food ordering, inventory, planning and prep
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements
- Knowledge of Department of Health regulations
- Ability to manage and motivate volunteers’ workers