The Salvation Army National Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army National Corporation
- Job ID
- Compensation Min
- USD $10.50/Hr.
- Compensation Max
- USD $15.00/Hr.
- Regular Part-Time
To provide cleaning services and maintenance assistance for Salvation Army building,
Employee will work 15 hours per week, schedule to be agreed upon when hired. Any deviation from this schedule would need prior approval.
- Daily empty trash from all rooms and place outside for pick-up
- Make sure front door is open at 10:00 am, locked at noon, opened at 1 pm.
- Sweep and mop all hard floor surfaces 3 times per week and as needed
- Wash all glass surfaces as needed
- Dust and/or wash all tables and desks on weekly basis
- Clean restroom fixtures, floors, and partitions daily
- Disinfect restroom daily
- Replace paper supplies and soap in restrooms as needed and place order to replenish supply as needed
- Keep inventory of cleaning and bathroom supplies. Order as needed and approved by Corps Officer
- Keep kitchen clean/dishes washed and put away
- Do snow removal and salting as needed
- Make sure lawn is mowed as needed
- Pick up outside building daily
- Vacuum all carpeted area as needed
- Set up rooms as needed
- Wash walls and doors as needed
- Change light bulbs as needed
- Perform other light maintenance as needed
- Strip and wax floors as needed
- Buff floors monthly
- Make sure Chapel is ready for church services Friday
- The Custodian is responsible to the Commanding Officer to perform any additional assignments under their direction
- During the Christmas Season, this position may be added to and the hours may be lengthened as needed
- The Salvation Army has the right to modify, delete or add to this job description
- Must be able to do light lifting
- Must have a valid New York State Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Must have prior maintenance experience
- Must have basic knowledge of tools and maintenance routines