The High Companies
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Hotel Sales & Marketing
at The High Companies
High Hotels Ltd. is a leading owner/operator of select-service and extended stay hotels across 3 states: PA, NJ, & NY. We strive to maintain the highest standards in guest service and overall product quality.
If you are looking for a career that offers growth opportunities and values its coworkers, then join our growing sales team in Middletown, NY, as a Director of Sales and Marketing! The DOS will support both our Courtyard by Marriott and our Hampton Inn by Hilton in Middletown, NY.
Our next Director of Sales should be a professional, energetic candidate with demonstrated hotel sales and leadership experience. This position is responsible for executing sales strategies and proactive business development tactics that maximize hotel profitability and achieve property revenue objectives. Your positive energy and passion for sales should be a motivating force that creates and "everybody sells" enthusiasm among the entire hotel team.
Area of responsibility for our Director of Sales include:
- Develop and execute on a comprehensive hotel-level strategic sales and marketing plan and sales forecast for the property.
- You will work with the manager and revenue manager to plan, implement and manage key strategies to achieve annual budgeted monthly revenue and RevPAR Index Goals.
- Establish sales productivity goals, group revenue goals, GRC parameters and performance objectives for your sales team members (sales coordinator/sales manager). Monitor progress against goals and provide direction, motivation and training effectively.
- Be an ambassador to the community by attending appropriate networking events, becoming involved in civic or nonprofit activities and participating in relevant Chamber and Tourism Bureau events and informational meetings.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients of corporate accounts/clients through personal appointments, telephone and email correspondence.
- Prospect and acquire new clients/accounts through strategic outbound sales efforts for (corporate, corporate group, extended stay and transient) room revenue.
Our next team member will ideally possess the following educational and work qualifications:
- A high school diploma or general equivalent (GED) required
- Assocaites Degree in hospitality or related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years hotel sales experience required, multi-property preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team
- Excellent communitcation skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorites in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Fosse, OnQ, Delphi, and ProfitSage preferred.
Working for The High Companies:
At High Hotels co-workers always come first. This belief is as strong today as it was when The High Companies was founded over 80 years ago!
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision available for full-time coworkers. Vacation is offered to regular full-time coworkers and is earned annually on your anniversary date. You may carry over a portion of your hours into the next anniversary year
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match
- Bonus programs – for all housekeeping and front desk co-workers
- Worldwide travel discounts
- Fun working environment! We feel that work should be fun and the management teams do all they can to promote a fun working environment.
- This position reports to the Area Director of Sales & Marketing, North Region
- You could be located at the Courtyard by Marriott, Middletown or the Hampton Inn by Hilton, Middletown
- In this position you may be required to work varying schedules as needed by the hotel and business operations
- This position requires travel for sales calls within the region
- You will have no direct reports in this position, however, the sales team at the property will look to you for daily leadship and sales goals.