The Culinary Institute of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Culinary Institute of America
The Stock Specialist is responsible for the quick and correct filling of supplemental orders and product shorts upon delivery, making campus deliveries, and assisting customers in the facility. This position requires excellent customer service skills, product knowledge and flexibility to assist in any area of the Storeroom as demand dictates.
- Fill supplemental orders in the order they are sent, assuring all perishable products issued are available for sale.
- Fill daily kitchen requisitions as needed when not handled by the evening shift.
- Verify that quality standards are met on all issued and received product.
- Make deliveries to the Student Recreation Center (SRC) or Caterina restaurant as required. This requires the ability to handle all departmental vehicles, and advise management if maintenance is required.
- Greet and assist all customers to the area, providing proficient and proactive customer service either in person or on the phone, in a professional, courteous, helpful, and friendly manner.
- Knowledge of all product lines handled in Warehouse One.
- Stage all kitchen orders properly and on time, assisting class stewards with order pick up.
- Complete all designated cleaning assignments and working to insure the general safety and sanitation of the facility.
- Assist in any routine and monthly inventories as required.
- Properly receives and rotates stocks from the Skills Kitchens.
- Assist in the receipt and storage of all deliveries as demand requires.
- Assist in the Meatroom or Central Issue as demand requires.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous experience working in a storeroom, food service or retail environment.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Valid NYS Driver’s License.
- Two (2) years of experience in storeroom operations (night shift) or equivalent outside experience.
- Proven experience working as part of a team, providing excellent customer service.
- Background in restaurant or other food service operations.
- Ability to manage all required storeroom computer skills in order to manage food ordering and email software effectively.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability and desire to learn to identify and evaluate many perishable and international foodstuffs.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment and maintain collaborative relationships.
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be available to work overtime on nights and weekends, such as Saturdays, as required by business needs.
- Ability to use all department vehicles for making deliveries on campus.
- Ability to handle a physically demanding job, requiring a great deal of walking, bending, and lifting weights up to fifty (50) pounds, or more.
- Ability to lift and carry fifty (50) pounds or more with assistance.
- Ability to work in a hectic, often crowded warehouse environment.
- Ability to withstand high ambient outdoor temperatures while working at the loading dock and refrigerated and freezer areas.
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to assist with work life balance.
Benefits are offered based on the position type and status. Benefits offered may include
- Medical and prescription drug plan
- Dental plan, Vision plan
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays
- Retirement savings plan 403(b) with company contribution
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance programs
- And more!