The Culinary Institute of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Media Community & Content Manager
at The Culinary Institute of America
The Social Media Community & Content Manager is responsible for managing all conversations within the CIA’s set of social media channels and overseeing content creation that speaks to our academic/recruitment audience. This position is responsible for advocating the CIA Brand, engaging with customers, helping define the company’s social persona, and guiding the content creation process from the point of view of our audiences. The Social Media Community & Content Manager is responsible for fostering a dedicated and engaged social media following by always keeping our audience at the center of content creation.
- Manage the process of daily/ongoing engagement in conversations with followers in a social media-friendly voice. Use appropriate discretion to act as the face and voice of our brand and manage all community communications.
- Manage the response to comments and customer questions in a manner which consistently and properly represents the CIA brand.
- Manage the content calendar for all primary brand social platforms for all campuses; execute calendar using a real-time, hands-on approach.
- Manage the content pipeline for academic and recruitment initiatives, ensuring that appropriate content is being created and served to our various audiences.
- Engage with marketing team members from Creative Services, Digital & Online Media, and Admissions Marketing to create necessary content.
- Independently resolve customer concerns in a manner that benefits both the customer and the business.
- Identify patterns and trends in consumer comments/inquiries on social media and use this information to establish policies and procedures for community management.
- Creatively and proactively engage consumers, influencers, and advocates across social media to drive brand conversations and advocacy.
- Conduct feedback/response analysis that results in cost savings or increased revenue for the business. Make recommendations following analysis for future strategies and considerations.
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness.
- Stay current on micro social trends such as popular memes and gifs, and use them to keep CIA conversations current.
- Assist the Social Media Strategy Manager with content development for paid social advertising initiatives and measure the effectiveness of these initiatives to help guide ongoing implementation.
- Build relationships with students, customers, potential customers, industry professionals and influencers to create a community of loyal brand ambassadors.
- Support efforts to position the CIA as a “must-follow” brand for consumers, ultimately increasing enrollments and revenues through broader brand awareness and customer advocacy.
- Oversee student staff working in support of social initiatives.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, new media, communications or a related field, or Associate’s Degree and significant experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in social media, marketing, communications or a related field
- Previous experience as a customer-facing social media community manager across multiple social media platforms strongly preferred.
- Higher Education or hospitality market experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills, including strong grammatical skills and the ability to be witty/sassy as needed.
- Must have demonstrated ability in organizational, time management, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage online community sentiment.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team environment.
- Expert computer experience, which must include abilities to work effectively with MS Office suite products, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
- Demonstrated ability to increase awareness and build social followings.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends as required by business needs.
- Regular work requires working at a computer for extended periods of time, sometimes in excess of eight (8) hours per day.
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to assist with work life balance.
Benefits are offered based on the position type and status. Benefits offered may include
- Medical and prescription drug plan
- Dental plan, Vision plan
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays
- Retirement savings plan 403(b) with company contribution
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance programs
- And more!