The Culinary Institute of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Culinary Institute of America
The Lifeguard is responsible for ensuring the safety of patrons. This includes accident prevention in the water and surrounding areas and the rescue and care of accident victims.
- Supervises swimmers and scan pool water while patrons are present.
- Takes readings of chemicals within the pool during shift.
- Inspects filter room for abnormalities and reports any to the Senior Coordinator.
- Logs the number of patrons using the pool on an hourly basis.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Prior life-guarding experience.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Lifeguarding (American Lifeguarding Assoc., Inc.; American Red Cross; Boy Scouts of America; Cattaraugus County EMS; Ellis and Assoc. National Pool and Waterpark Lifeguard Training; Hamptons Consortium; Lindenhurst School District; Nassau County Department of Health; New York City Department of Parks; Royal Life Saving Society, Canada; Town of Babylon; Town of Brookhaven; Town of East Hampton; Town of Islip; Town of Southampton; Village of Ocean Beach; YMCA).
- CPR (American Red Cross; American Heart Association; Workplace CPR; National Safety Council; St. John Ambulance; Emergency Care Systems; REMSCO; Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada; NYC Dept. of Parks and Recreation; American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons; American Safety & Health Institute; Medic First Aid)
- First Aid (American Red Cross; NYS Emergency Medical Technician).
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion.
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
- Able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Able to bend, stoop or reach as needed.
- Regular work requires a great deal of sitting and standing for extended periods of time.