The Culinary Institute of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Culinary Institute of America
The HVAC-Refrigeration Mechanic works under the direction of the Supervisor HVAC-R and performs general maintenance of all types of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems throughout the campus.
- Responsible for the installation, preventive maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of air-conditioning and refrigeration and associated air handling and control systems.
- Performs preventive maintenance and cleaning of shop equipment.
- Completes all work orders assigned by supervisor.
- Assists outside contractors as needed to familiarize them with the campuses and the practices and procedures for the campuses.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate with trade school training in HVAC-R theory and practice.
- Five (5) years journey level experience in the HVAC-R trade.
Licenses / Certifications:
- EPA Section 608 Universal refrigeration certification.
- Valid driver's license.
- Familiar with the operations of Commercial kitchen HVAC-R.
- Experience with operation and maintenance of water source heat pumps.
- Knowledge of the tools required for the trade, including voltmeters, charging equipment, gauges and hand tools.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, work orders and technical manuals.
- Experience troubleshooting digital, electronic and pneumatic control systems.
- Proficiency in all safety protocols, codes and standards, including but not limited to NFPA, OSHA and EPA.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to work on different shifts, work schedules, and report to various supervisors based upon business needs.
- Regular work requires lifting of materials weighing up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Regular work required climbing ladders to heights of twenty (20) feet, working on roofs and or using staging and scaffolds.
- Ability to work in a temperature variant environment where temperatures can range from -10 F to 100 F.
Benefits are offered based on the position type and status. Benefits offered may include;
- Medical and prescription drug plan
- Dental plan, Vision plan
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays
- Retirement savings plan 403(b) with company contribution
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance programs
- And more!