The Culinary Institute of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Culinary Institute of America
The Enrollment Specialist is responsible for operations as they support the Admissions function, including inquiry input, application processing, phone/email-based customer support, event support, and front desk customer relations.
- Provides sales support to counselor and yield teams when needed, including working admissions events, conducting outreach and advising students and families on phone and in-person.
- Must have the ability to confidently interact with prospective students, families and educators communicating key CIA selling messages. This includes proficiency in all CIA degree and certificate programs, as well as the ability to communicate CIA’s transfer credit policy as it relates to each program offering.
- Maintains proficiency in the entire admissions process from inquiry to enrollment and possess foundational knowledge of FAFSA filing, financial aid processing and other CIA student support services.
- Performs all data entry tasks from inquiry to applicant stage including but not limited to: event registration, inquiries, applications, supporting documents and record maintenance.
- Responsible for ensuring timely processing of all application and supporting documentation, as well as the effective communication with all counselors.
- Maintains strong understanding of the entire process of sending a student file before the Admissions Review Committee, including the necessary system updates.
- Answers the 1-800-CULINARY Admissions Inquiry/Application line and provide unsurpassed customer service, assisting prospective students, parents and educators with various admissions-based questions, concerns and issues from inquiry to applicant stage for all three (3) CIA campuses.
- Follows-up with incoming students on outstanding documentation for their admissions file, as well as any pre-enrollment paperwork such as medical and housing.
- Runs reports to ensure accuracy and operational integrity.
- Provides reception-desk coverage to include but not limited to: welcoming and coordinating guest-traffic, students and staff, answers the main Admissions phone line, maintains the appearance of the reception lobby and maintains copies of printed materials.
- Provides support to Admissions Event Manager for on and off-campus events as needed.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree, or significant work experience in lieu thereof.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience working in higher education student services role, or in a related professional customer service or high volume data entry role.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience in multiple areas of student services, such as Admissions, Bursar and Financial Aid an asset.
- Advanced skills in use of social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Self-starter who can work independently and as a team.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills required. Must have demonstrated ability in organizational, time management, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct presentations with professionalism and confidence.
- Exceptional customer service skills, with the ability to greet all guests of the CIA in a hospitable manner.
- Ability to collaborate with other department members, and work effectively with various aspects of the college community.
- Detail oriented and thorough.
- Strong computer experience, which must include abilities to work effectively with the internet, data entry and MS Office suite products, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to reinforce our commitment to the customer.
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- May require overtime, extended work hours, and/or later shift coverage to support business needs.
- Regular work requires a great deal of sitting and standing for extended periods.
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to assist with work life balance.
Benefits are offered based on the position type and status. Benefits offered may include
- Medical and prescription drug plan
- Dental plan, Vision plan
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays
- Retirement savings plan 403(b) with company contribution
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance programs
- And more!