The Culinary Institute of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Manager - Storeroom
at The Culinary Institute of America
The Assistant Manager – Storeroom is responsible for the proper execution of all services provided by the Central Issue area of the Storeroom/Non-Food (NF) Purchasing. This includes providing students with uniforms, knife kits, ordering, inventory and issuance of cleaning supplies and table linens, and managing faculty uniform needs. The Central Issue area also works in conjunction with the Purchasing Office by supplying required coverage and support of duties.
- Provides excellent customer service to students, faculty, staff and vendors.
- Ensures all orders are properly requisitioned and all requisitions are quickly filled utilizing the Eatec ordering/inventory system.
- Responsible for accurate and timely purchase of all student knife kits, uniforms, graduation jackets and hats.
- Manages and control the flow of activities during uniform fittings, along with the uniform vendor. Responsible for accuracy of count for the issuance of knife kits, fitting for student uniforms, and verifying proper spelling of student names.
- Works with laundry linen provider ensuring all instructors uniforms are cleaned in the proper quantity and condition.
- Maintains and manages the budget for faculty uniforms.
- Maintains inventory and issues all table linens.
- Supports the function of the institute surplus asset policy.
- Works in conjunction with the Purchasing Office for coverage of all required duties.
- Documents and resolves any customer complaint or issue.
- Responsible for the proper inventory and purchase of all cleaning and ware washing supplies to meet customer demand and still minimize inventory carrying costs. Manages any issue relevant with product quality, spec, or substitution with relevant in-house customers.
- Ensures proper par and quality standard on all table linens are maintained.
- Responsible for all warehouse inventory processes ensuring minimal variance.
- Responsible for supervision, training, and cross-training of a full-time stock specialist position and provides back-up when necessary.
- Maintains contact with customer base ensuring satisfaction with all products and services provided.
- Properly verifies all receipts and billings accurately.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in warehouse operations or purchasing, or equivalent education.
- Prior experience dealing with customers and providing excellent customer service.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Valid NYS Driver’s License.
- Associates Degree in business or Culinary Degree.
- Prior experience using an inventory/ordering system, such as Eatec or SciQuest.
- Prior experience managing travel programs.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to learn, manage and navigate web-based systems and work effectively with inventory/ordering systems such as Eatec or SciQuest.
- Ability and willingness to learn and supply coverage with the Institute travel program.
- Proven ability in problem solving and inventory management.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment and maintain collaborative relationships.
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Detail oriented and thorough.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite products, i.e. Word and Excel.
- Must be available to work on nights and weekends as required due to business needs.
- Ability to work in a small warehouse environment.
- Able to bend, stoop or reach as needed.
- Able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds as needed.
- Regular work requires a great deal of standing and walking.
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to assist with work life balance.
Benefits are offered based on the position type and status. Benefits offered may include
- Medical and prescription drug plan
- Dental plan, Vision plan
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays
- Retirement savings plan 403(b) with company contribution
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance programs
- And more!