The Chazen Companies
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Water Resource Engineer
at The Chazen Companies
Engineering - Water
The Chazen Companies is seeking a Water ResourcemEngineer to join our team in the Poughkeepsie, NY office. We are seeking an individual to join our multidisciplinary team to address the growing demand for climate resilient, naturally designed streams, shorelines and pier abutments.
The qualified individual will have experience in the following strategies and programs:
- Technical support for large scale sediment remediation projects
- Environmental site studies, impact analysis, mitigation and permitting
- Client interaction
- Large scale habitat restoration
- Water resources design projects
- Stormwater management design
- Stream restoration design
- Dam conditions studies and dam removals
- Hydraulic and hydrologic modeling
- Proposal writing and project management
The ideal candidate will have:
- a BS in either Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering with a focus on Water Resources. Professional Engineering licensure is preferred.
- Certified Flood Plain Manager is ideal.
- Use of HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, HEC-GEO required with at least 5 to 10 years of experience.
Assignments may include restoring stream connectivity, evaluating dam removal\repair\upgrade opportunities, wetland reconstruction, and shoreline adaptation to sea level rise as well as more traditional flood analysis and certification.
The Chazen Companies is an employee owned, multi-disciplinary firm with deep technical expertise in engineering, surveying, planning and landscape architecture services throughout our NY offices in Poughkeepsie, Troy, Queensbury and White Plains, and Nashville and Chattanooga TN. Celebrating more than 70 years of stellar service, we continue our tradition of focus on creating effective, long-term partnerships and delivering world class levels of performance for our clients.
We are regularly recognized by our employees as a Best Places to Work and consistently win workplace excellence awards. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program including an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program), training, professional development, memberships in professional associations and much more. Our offices provide employees with a relaxed, collegial and professional working atmosphere. The Chazen Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.