The Chazen Companies
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Help Desk Analyst
at The Chazen Companies
The Chazen Companies is seeking an experienced IT technician who will work closely with our existing IT team and bring a unique perspective and experience to a variety of IT projects. Reporting directly to the Vice President of IT and Technical Resources, you will play an instrumental role in supporting our rapidly-growing 150-employee professional services organization. This position will be based in our Poughkeepsie, NY office and will also require periodic travel to our other locations.
- Daily Helpdesk operations including responding to work orders, i.e., hardware, software, printer and peripheral problem-solving including status, completion, customer satisfaction and follow up.
- Deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting of Windows-based PC’s
- Manage the inventory, configuration and deployment of all hardware and software
- Manage the creation of new user accounts and password maintenance
- Maintain our product life cycle program by identifying and replacing aging hardware and software
- Participate in new hire orientation, training, and mentoring programs for all hardware, software, printers, and phone operations
- Help maintain existing internal/external web site
Minimum of five years relevant experience
Bachelor of Science Degree is preferred
Demonstrated proficiency in Desktop support of hardware, software, Office 365, Autodesk, Esri, Bentley, Adobe
Prior experience with Avaya phones, HP printers, Oce large format plotters, Konica Minolta, etc.
Working knowledge of WebEx, Skype for Business and Polycom Video conferencing
Prior experience with Deltek Vision in an Architectural/Engineering consulting environment is a plus
Effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and within deadline in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
Strong customer service approach and style
Familiarity with minor web site design using Word Press and PHP
Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
Founded over 70 years ago, The Chazen Companies is an employee-owned, multi-disciplinary firm providing civil engineering, land surveying, planning, environmental and safety consulting, code services, landscape architecture, construction services, transportation and traffic engineering to clients in the private and public sectors. Chazen's 150+ employees proudly collaborate with municipalities, state agencies, developers, landowners, utility companies, and industrial, healthcare, education and nonprofit clients from project concept to completion, taking a customized approach to every project.
With offices in Glens Falls, Troy, Poughkeepsie and White Plains, NY; Nashville and Chattanooga, TN; and Portland, OR, Chazen delivers world class performance focused on creating effective, long-term partnerships with its clients.
We are regularly recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work and consistently win workplace excellence awards. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program including training, professional development, membership in professional associations and much more. All of our offices provide employees with a relaxed, collaborative and professional working atmosphere.
Chazen is an Equal Opportunity Employer