The Chazen Companies
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Civil Engineer/Land Development
at The Chazen Companies
Engineering - Land Development
Due to continued growth in the Hudson Valley, NY, The Chazen Companies has a need for a Civil Engineer- Land Development to work on our Poughkeepsie or White Plains NY office.
The Chazen Companies offers integrated design services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States. Our current project list includes a diverse portfolio of waterfront design, urban revitalization and streetscape, smart growth planning, community design, retail and commercial site planning, healthcare and university campus design, embassies, rooftop gardens, and brownfield redevelopment assignments.
- Development of detailed site and grading plans and erosion and sediment control plans
- Storm water management design, water and wastewater design, roadway and parking design and construction detailing and specifications
- Preparation of inventory assessments, analyses and reports
- Development of professional services proposals
- Management of projects and clients
- Development of technical approaches to projects, and participation in public presentations and speaking engagement
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with demonstrated success in a professional consulting environment.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) TN is strongly preferred.
- Technical writing, solid verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with clients, project teams, and colleagues internally
- Solid CAD design skills and experience with Civil 3D are a plus.
The Chazen Companies is an employee-owned, multidisciplinary firm providing civil engineering, land surveying, planning, environmental and safety consulting, code services, landscape architecture, construction services, transportation planning and traffic engineering to clients in the private and public sectors. Chazen’s 150 employees proudly collaborate with municipalities, state agencies, developers, landowners, utility companies, and industrial, healthcare, education, and nonprofit clients from project concept to completion, taking a customized approach to every project. With offices in Glens Falls, Troy, Poughkeepsie and White Plains, NY; Nashville and Chattanooga, TN; and Portland, Oregon, Chazen delivers world class performance focused on creating effective, long-term partnerships with its clients.
We are regularly recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work and consistently win workplace excellence awards. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program including tuition reimbursement, professional development, membership in professional associations and much more. All of our offices provide employees with a relaxed, friendly and professional working atmosphere. Most importantly our diverse and talented staff understand the need to be highly responsive and take pride in exceeding our client’s expectations.
The Chazen Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.