The Chazen Companies
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Civil Engineer, Municipal, Project Engineer
at The Chazen Companies
Engineering - Municipal
The Chazen Companies has an immediate opportunity for an experienced project manager/project engineer to join our Municipal Engineering group in our Troy office.
Position responsibilities include:
- Project development, client interaction, project management and technical design primarily for public clients.
Project management responsibilities include
- Development of professional services proposals, management of projects and clients, development of technical approaches to projects, and participation in public presentations and speaking engagements.
- As a project engineer you will develop projects with clients and then oversee and manage the project design and construction while interfacing with the client.
- B.S. in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- 8 - 12 years of practical experience in a professional consulting environment.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) NY is required.
- Candidates should be proficient in technical writing, have solid verbal and written communication skills, and be able to interact effectively with clients, project teams, and colleagues internally
- Experience in project management is required for this position.
- Candidate must be experienced in civil engineering and municipal engineering.
Founded over 70 years ago, The Chazen Companies is an employee-owned, multidisciplinary firm providing civil engineering, land surveying, planning, environmental and safety consulting, code services, landscape architecture, construction services, transportation planning and traffic engineering to clients in the private and public sectors. Chazen’s 150 employees proudly collaborate with municipalities, state agencies, developers, landowners, utility companies, and industrial, healthcare, education, and nonprofit clients from project concept to completion, taking a customized approach to every project. With offices in Glens Falls, Troy, Poughkeepsie and White Plains, NY; Nashville and Chattanooga, TN; and Portland, Oregon, Chazen delivers world class performance focused on creating effective, long-term partnerships with its clients.
We are regularly recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work and consistently win workplace excellence awards. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program, training, professional development, membership in professional associations and much more. All of our offices provide employees with a relaxed, collegial and professional working atmosphere.
The Chazen Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.