The Chazen Companies
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Chazen Companies
Engineering - Municipal
The Chazen Companies has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer/Project Manager to join the Municipal team in our Poughkeepsie, NY office.
The Project Engineer/Project Manager’s main functions include (but are not limited to):
- Working in a team environment to develop civil/municipal engineering plans and specifications for a wide variety of projects including water, wastewater, stormwater, roadway and site civil projects;
- Manage projects of various size and complexity from schematic design through construction administration including permitting;
- Develop Proposals for Engineering Services;
- Represent as Town Designated Engineer for local Planning Boards
The Project Engineer/Project Manager should exhibit the following abilities and skills:
- Proven design/management ability for civil projects
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Possess attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong Computer skills
- Excels in working in team environments
- Exhibits strong leadership skills
Qualified candidates will have a BS in Civil/Environmental Engineering with 3-5 years of experience in a professional consulting firm environment. Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) is preferred. Solid design skills and experience with Civil 3D are a plus. Typical projects will focus on Public Clients. Projects will range from developing project plans, parking lots, government building sites, flood mitigation, water supply/distribution, wastewater collection/treatment, permitting, stormwater collection/treatment, and engineering reports.
The Chazen Companies is an employee owned, multi-disciplinary firm with deep technical expertise in engineering, surveying, planning and landscape architecture services throughout our NY offices in Poughkeepsie, Troy, Queensbury and White Plains, and Nashville and Chattanooga TN. Celebrating more than 70 years of stellar service, we continue our tradition of focus on creating effective, long-term partnerships and delivering world class levels of performance for our clients.
We are regularly recognized by our employees as a Best Places to Work and consistently win workplace excellence awards. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program including an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program), training, professional development, memberships in professional associations and much more. Our offices provide employees with a relaxed, collegial and professional working atmosphere. The Chazen Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.