Ritchie Bros Auctioneers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Inspector - Contract
at Ritchie Bros Auctioneers
Ritchie Bros. is a global leader in asset management and disposition, selling billions of dollars of heavy equipment each year. We help thousands of people around the world appraise, sell, inspect,buy, refurbish, ship and finance heavy equipment every month. Join a growing global company that offers endless career and learning opportunities with a work culture like no other.
The Field Inspector position requires high level technical knowledge, organizational skills, and a willingness to travel. Field Inspectors must have familiarity with class 8 trucks and trailers, and knowledge of construction and agricultural equipment is strongly preferred. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, able to manage a heavy on-site workload with the many administrative tasks necessary to the position. As they are the face of the company, Field Inspectors must conduct themselves with the utmost professionalism at all times.
- Schedules inspections with the equipment consignor.
- Inspects construction, agricultural equipment, heavy highway and construction trucks to report the condition of major components and systems.
- Measures undercarriages per guidelines and evaluates tires. Evaluates the electrical, hydraulic and mechanical components of equipment.
- Completes inspection evaluation forms, takes pictures and oil samples, using an iPad to submit inspection for an internal quality control team to review.
- Communicates effectively via email and phone with office staff regarding schedule and other details of the inspection process.
- Handle administrative tasks of the position efficiently and in a timely manner.
Here's what you bring:
- Five years of heavy equipment and/or heavy truck experience preferably in the repair or operation of diesel equipment (education in lieu of years of experience would be considered on a case by case basis).
- Technical knowledge of construction equipment including operation, component functions and attachment operations.
- Working knowledge of iPad and ability to transmit files and photos.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to work independently.
- Basic computer skills.
- Maintain a valid, clean driver's license.
- Travel as required.
- Overnight stays as required.
- Be willing to fly or drive significant distances over the course of each week.
For an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some videos on YouTube.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating in a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company's selling channels include: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, , the world's largest industrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding;IronPlanet, an online marketplace with featured weekly auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance® equipment condition certification;MarketPlacee, an online marketplace offering multiple price and timing options;Mascus,a leading European online equipment listing service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty, offering privately negotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutions including GovPlanet, TruckPlanet, Kruse Energy Auctioneers and Cat® auctions, plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. For more information about the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com.
RitchieBros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in allactivities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to allqualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in whichthis job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Onlyelectronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls please.Management