Orange Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physician Practice Credentialing Specialist
at Orange Regional Medical Center
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Business/Administrative Support/Clerical
- Shift Type
- 1 - Day
- If Other - Shift Slot
- Days (8a-430p)
- Normal Working Schedule
- Days (8a-430p)
- Orange Regional Medical Center
The Greater Hudson Valley Health System (now known as Garnet Health) is a New York State, not-for-profit corporation headquartered in Middletown, New York, approximately 60 miles north of New York City. Garnet Health is comprised of Catskill Regional Medical Center, Orange Regional Medical Center, Catskill Regional and Orange Medical Groups and Orange Regional Medical Center Foundation. Garnet Health is dedicated to developing specialty services, medical programs and needed healthcare services that allow residents to remain close to home to receive quality care.
Providing healthcare to nearly 450,000 residents in Orange, Sullivan and Ulster Counties, Garnet Health was designed to improve the quality, stability and efficiency of healthcare services in the mid-Hudson and Catskill region. Services provided by more than 3,300 employed professionals and over 850 medical staff members, makes Garnet Health one of the largest healthcare providers in the tri-county area. The System’s three hospital campuses (Catskill Regional Medical Center - Harris, Catskill Regional Medical Center - Callicoon and Orange Regional Medical Center) plus several outpatient facilities, offer a broad spectrum of care including:
- 606 licensed inpatient beds
- Emergency medicine
- Surgical services
- Ambulatory surgery services
- Skilled nursing units
- Cardiology services including emergency and elective angioplasty
- Oncology services from diagnosis to treatment
- Orthopedic services including joint replacements
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
- Birthing centers
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Outpatient diagnostic imaging
- Geriatric assessment
- Primary and family care practices
- Adult day care
- Mental health and chemical dependency programs
- Diabetes program
- Wound care
- Outpatient infusion services
- Rehabilitation services including: physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Hospitalist services
- Rape intervention and support services
- Community screenings and support groups
Responsible for all aspects of the credentialing, re-credentialing, and privileging process for all medical group providers who provide care within GHVHS Medical Group. Responsible for ensuring providers are credentialed and privileged with health plans, hospitals, and patient care facilities. Maintain up to date data for each provider. Ensure timely renewal of licenses and certifications.
Minimum Education: Requires a High School Diploma, some college preferred, Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) certification preferred, but not required.
Minimum Experience: Credentialing experience preferred. Experience with provider relations practices, business process and credentialing databases a plus; intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe required.
Required Certification/Registration: None
Physical Requirements: Sitting, walking, and standing for short periods. Lifting of light objects no more than 10 pounds.
• Environmental Demands and Exposure to Hazards: Works in a clean, well- lighted, heated or ventilated facility. No routine exposure to hazards.
• Physical Demands: Demonstrates physical and functional ability to perform full anatomical range of motion to accomplish tasks. Evidence of visual and aural acuity and finger and hand dexterity to operate computer and office equipment. Can withstand long periods of sitting, standing and/or constant walking. Ability to lift 10 lbs.
• Mental Demands: Ability to foster collaborative relationships, to work well under pressure, to organize and synthesize new information, and prioritize tasks. Possesses critical thinking, analytical skills and flexibility. Ability to multi-task. Required detailed attention to work in an environment where interruptions cannot be controlled. Demonstrates sensitivity to customer needs and expectations. May be subject to irregular hours including evenings or potentially weekends to participate in operational and community events as necessary.