Orange Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Accounting Rep - Pavilion
at Orange Regional Medical Center
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Business/Administrative Support/Clerical
- Shift Type
- 1 - Day
- If Other - Shift Slot
- Days (8am-4pm)
- Normal Working Schedule
- Days (8am-4pm)
- Orange Regional Medical Center
At Orange Regional Medical Center, you'll find the uncommon is common here. You'll find a healthcare leader that still maintains a sense of intimacy and a state-of-the-art facility with a tremendous sense of community. You'll find the benefits you deserve with the rewards you can see. You'll find the advancement, flexibility and resources to advance your career and provide the care that your patients need. Orange Regional Medical Center - successful careers are common here. Orange Regional Medical Center (ORMC), is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization. Formed by the merger of Arden Hill Hospital and Horton Medical Center, Orange Regional is licensed for 383 beds and employs over 2,500 healthcare professionals including over 600 doctors. Orange Regional Medical Center has consolidated two existing campuses onto a single site in Middletown, New York. This completed facility is the first new freestanding hospital built in the State of New York since 1989 and is the largest medical center between the Tappan Zee Bridge and Albany.
Files insurance claims to all payers in timely and accurate manner. Representative serves as primary contact for patient reimbursement issues from both patients and payers in accordance with established Patient Accounting policies. They provide information regarding hospital payment requirements and alternative financing. Additionally, they will work with all payers, patients and inter-departmental representatives to ensure timely recovery of outstanding accounts receivable.
Minimum Education: High School graduate or equivalent required, Associates degree preferred in a related medical field or business. Must be proficient in computer skills, multitasking and will need to possess intermediate to expert level of abilities in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft work.
Minimum Experience: Must have previous experience in the medical field specific to Inpatient/Outpatient billing. Knowledgeable in Revenue/CPT Code descriptions and the ability to write appeals for denials is required. Should know the statues and CMS regulations that impact the collection of patient’s accounts. Frequent contact with insurance companies and Revenue Cycle Depts. Proficient knowledge in Patient Registration, Credit & Collection and medical related software and computer systems. Three years related work experience that would indicate a high level of communication skills and organizational ability.
Required Certification/Registration: n/a
Physical Requirements: Routine sedentary office position requiring manual dexterity, visual acuity and ability to communicate with others. Need the ability to work a flexible 37.5-hour week, including occasional evening hours.
• Environmental Demands and Exposure to Hazards: Works in a clean, well- lighted, heated or ventilated facility. No routine exposure to hazards.
• Physical Demands: Demonstrates physical and functional ability to perform full anatomical range of motion to accomplish tasks. Evidence of visual and aural acuity and finger and hand dexterity to operate computer and office equipment. Can withstand long periods of sitting, standing and/or constant walking. Ability to lift 10 lbs.
• Mental Demands: Ability to foster collaborative relationships, to work well under pressure, to organize and synthesize new information, and prioritize tasks. Possesses critical thinking, analytical skills and flexibility. Ability to multi-task. Required detailed attention to work in an environment where interruptions cannot be controlled. Demonstrates sensitivity to customer needs and expectations. May be subject to irregular hours including evenings or potentially weekends to participate in operational and community events as necessary.