Orange Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager of Clinical Nutrition
at Orange Regional Medical Center
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Shift Type
- 1 - Day
- If Other - Shift Slot
- Days (8a-5p) Monday-Friday
- Normal Working Schedule
- Days (8a-5p) Monday-Friday
- Greater Hudson Valley Health System
At Orange Regional Medical Center, you'll find the uncommon is common here. You'll find a healthcare leader that still maintains a sense of intimacy and a state-of-the-art facility with a tremendous sense of community. You'll find the benefits you deserve with the rewards you can see. You'll find the advancement, flexibility and resources to advance your career and provide the care that your patients need. Orange Regional Medical Center - successful careers are common here. Orange Regional Medical Center (ORMC), is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization. Formed by the merger of Arden Hill Hospital and Horton Medical Center, Orange Regional is licensed for 383 beds and employs over 2,500 healthcare professionals including over 600 doctors. Orange Regional Medical Center has consolidated two existing campuses onto a single site in Middletown, New York. This completed facility is the first new freestanding hospital built in the State of New York since 1989 and is the largest medical center between the Tappan Zee Bridge and Albany.
The Manager of Clinical Nutrition and Patient Food Services has the authority to manage all patient services and clinical nutrition department functions within approved budgetary guidelines. Develops, recommends and executes policy and procedures dealing with food and clinical nutrition services to ensure DNV and other regulatory compliance are met. Plans, coordinates, and evaluates clinical nutrition services for all inpatients at ORMC. The areas of focus include inpatient, visitor, staff and student services. The incumbent may also provide direct patient care to inpatients. The incumbent any also provide direct care to inpatients. The incumbent achieves cost, quality and regulatory objectives while meeting ORMC’s strategic and operational objectives. The manager has authority to hire, discipline, promote and terminate employees in conformance with ORMC policy and procedures.
Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Food and Nutrition. Master of Science in Nutrition or related degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: Five years of progressively responsible experience in nutrition and food service management. Management
experience working in complex organizational settings and demonstrated ability to interact with and
coordinate activities with various internal and external constituents.
Required Certification/Registration: Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (Academy on Nutrition
and Dietetics). Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist by the State of New York preferred.
Physical Requirements: Travel to multiple facilities is required.
• Environmental Demands and Exposure to Hazards: Works in a clean, well- lighted, heated or ventilated facility. No routine exposure to hazards.
• Physical Demands: Demonstrates physical and functional ability to perform full anatomical range of motion to accomplish tasks. Evidence of visual and aural acuity and finger and hand dexterity to operate computer and office equipment. Can withstand long periods of sitting, standing and/or constant walking. Ability to lift 10 lbs.
• Mental Demands: Ability to foster collaborative relationships, to work well under pressure, to organize and synthesize new information, and prioritize tasks. Possesses critical thinking, analytical skills and flexibility. Ability to multi-task. Required detailed attention to work in an environment where interruptions cannot be controlled. Demonstrates sensitivity to customer needs and expectations. May be subject to irregular hours including evenings or potentially weekends to participate in operational and community events as necessary.