Orange Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Service Worker
at Orange Regional Medical Center
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Support Services (Dietary, Facilities, Environmental)
- Shift Type
- 4 - All Per diem
- If Other - Shift Slot
- Variable shifts including (6a-2:30p, 7a-3p, 7:30a-3:30p, 930a-530p, 1130a-730p,12p-8p, 3p-8p, 3:30p-11:30p, 4p-8p). Including rotating weekends and holidays.
- Normal Working Schedule
- Variable shifts, including rotating weekends and holidays. Per diems are required to work 2 major and 2 minor holidays per year and 4 weekends (2 days) per 3 month period of time.
- Orange Regional Medical Center
Orange Regional Medical Center (ORMC), is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization. Formed by the merger of Arden Hill Hospital and Horton Medical Center, Orange Regional moved the two campuses into a new, single-site, state-of-the-art facility on August 5, 2011. At that time, it was the first new hospital built in New York State in over 20 years. Orange Regional features seven floors of state-of-the-art technology and provides 383 beds and employs over 2,400 healthcare professionals. Most recently, Orange Regional opened a new cancer center and a new five-story Outpatient Services building on the main campus, featuring Orange Regional Medical Group with primary care and specialty physicians, urgent care, outpatient surgical and diagnostic services and more. Orange Regional is a designated Magnet hospital recognizing excellence in Nursing. Only 6 percent of hospitals nation-wide are designated by the Magnet Recognition Program. Also, Orange Regional’s Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system has achieved Stage 7; the highest level on HIMSS Analytics’ EMR adoption model which is used to track EMR progress at hospitals and health systems. Only 4.2 percent of the more than 5,400 U.S. hospitals received the Stage 7 Award. Orange Regional has also been named among the 100 best Hospitals nationally for cardiac intervention by Healthgrades.
Under direction and supervision of Food Service Supervisor is responsible for providing assistance in cold food production, tray preparation, service, and tray delivery.
- Provides quality customer service as defined by departmental quality initiatives.
- Provides quality service to patients.
- Preparation of food and portion control
- Operates and maintains equipment according to department safety standards and regulations.
- Performs cleaning and sanitation/other duties as needed.
- Provides quality service to all customers in the retail and catering areas.
Minimum Education: Grammar school or equivalent with ability to read/write/speak English, as well as follow oral instructions.
Minimum Experience: One month on-the-job training.
Required Certification/Registration: N/A