Orange Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EPIC Beaker Analyst
at Orange Regional Medical Center
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Information Technology
- Shift Type
- 1 - Day
- If Other - Shift Slot
- Normal Working Schedule
- Orange Regional Medical Center
The Greater Hudson Valley Health System (now known as Garnet Health) is a New York State, not-for-profit corporation headquartered in Middletown, New York, approximately 60 miles north of New York City. Garnet Health is comprised of Catskill Regional Medical Center, Orange Regional Medical Center, Catskill Regional and Orange Medical Groups and Orange Regional Medical Center Foundation. Garnet Health is dedicated to developing specialty services, medical programs and needed healthcare services that allow residents to remain close to home to receive quality care.
Providing healthcare to nearly 450,000 residents in Orange, Sullivan and Ulster Counties, Garnet Health was designed to improve the quality, stability and efficiency of healthcare services in the mid-Hudson and Catskill region. Services provided by more than 3,300 employed professionals and over 850 medical staff members, makes Garnet Health one of the largest healthcare providers in the tri-county area. The System’s three hospital campuses (Catskill Regional Medical Center - Harris, Catskill Regional Medical Center - Callicoon and Orange Regional Medical Center) plus several outpatient facilities, offer a broad spectrum of care including:
- 606 licensed inpatient beds
- Emergency medicine
- Surgical services
- Ambulatory surgery services
- Skilled nursing units
- Cardiology services including emergency and elective angioplasty
- Oncology services from diagnosis to treatment
- Orthopedic services including joint replacements
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
- Birthing centers
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Outpatient diagnostic imaging
- Geriatric assessment
- Primary and family care practices
- Adult day care
- Mental health and chemical dependency programs
- Diabetes program
- Wound care
- Outpatient infusion services
- Rehabilitation services including: physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Hospitalist services
- Rape intervention and support services
- Community screenings and support groups
This position is an intermediate level analyst position that develops Epic application solutions as well as other 3rd party clinical systems by investigating processes to understand data and communications flow with individual tasks and transactions. The analyst typically fulfills multiple roles throughout the development, implementation, management, and on-going support of comprehensive clinical information systems. Gains knowledge of the Epic EMR software, as well as medical center operations and workflow, and works closely with the Epic project team's application analysts and clinical leaders to translate business needs into EMR functionality.
This individual participates in the development of workflows, system configuration, change documentation, and training staff on EPIC clinical application functionality. Analyzes procedures and problems within manual/automated health care systems; reports findings and when applicable recommends options for resolutions. Formulates system scope and objectives. Confers with professional staff to ascertain specific requirements and assists in the completion of programming specifications. This requires the individual to stay current with the system and/or application as well as interfacing with appropriate departmental and external analysts.
Must employ excellent communication skills in sharing information with users within department. Works independently in completing project tasks and executing the following tasks as part of a clinical systems implementation: building system components; testing, documentation of workflows and other project information; implementation support and maintenance of Epic clinical system software; builds data sets, master files and reports; performs quality assurance and integrated testing and releases new functionality to end-users; reviews vendor software releases and updates; provides 24/7 problem management support and resolution for clinical systems.
- Computer Science Bachelor's degree or related experience.
- Lab Background: Medical Technology and/or Pathology
- EPIC Beaker Certification: Clinical Pathology and/or Anatomical Pathology
- Computer Science Bachelor's degree or related experience.
- Requirements: Lab Background: Medical Technology and/or Pathology
- Preferences: EPIC Beaker Certification: Clinical Pathology and/or Anatomical Pathology
Level 1 Not EPIC certified and less than 2 years’ experience
Level 2 EPIC certified and 2 plus years’ experience
Level 3 EPIC certified and 5 plus years’ experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Proficiency in more than two computer environments or platforms.
- Ability to work with a computer terminal for extended periods of time.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability of solve problems
- Excellent technical aptitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent training skills
- Flexible and effective in a team environment
§ Strength – Position requires incumbent to occasionally push/pull and lift objects less than 20 pounds.
- Manual Dexterity – Position requires incumbent to constantly perform manipulative skills such as typing, etc.
- Coordination – Position requires incumbent to constantly perform tasks which require hand-eye coordination such as keyboard skills, running computers, etc.
- Mobility – Position requires incumbent to sit for long periods of time at a computer.
- Visual Discrimination – Position requires incumbent to see both near and far away.
- Hearing – Position requires incumbent to hear normal sounds with some background noise, as in answering the telephone.
§ Concentration – Position requires incumbent to frequently concentrate on fine detail with constant interruption.
§ Attention Span – Position requires incumbent to frequently attend to tasks/functions for longer than 60 minutes at a time.
§ Conceptualization – Position requires incumbent to constantly understand and relate to the theories behind several related concepts.
§ Memory – Position requires incumbent to frequently remember multiple tasks/assignments given to self and others over long period of time.
§ Communication – Position requires incumbent to constantly communicate verbally using advanced level vocabulary and communicate in writing.
Fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment.
Evening and weekend work is required from time to time.
Some travel is required.