Orange Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrator Facilities Management
at Orange Regional Medical Center
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Shift Type
- 1 - Day
- If Other - Shift Slot
- Days (7am-3pm)
- Normal Working Schedule
- Days (7am-3pm)
- Orange Regional Medical Center
The Greater Hudson Valley Health System (now known as Garnet Health) is a New York State, not-for-profit corporation headquartered in Middletown, New York, approximately 60 miles north of New York City. Garnet Health is comprised of Catskill Regional Medical Center, Orange Regional Medical Center, Catskill Regional and Orange Medical Groups and Orange Regional Medical Center Foundation. Garnet Health is dedicated to developing specialty services, medical programs and needed healthcare services that allow residents to remain close to home to receive quality care.
Providing healthcare to nearly 450,000 residents in Orange, Sullivan and Ulster Counties, Garnet Health was designed to improve the quality, stability and efficiency of healthcare services in the mid-Hudson and Catskill region. Services provided by more than 3,300 employed professionals and over 850 medical staff members, makes Garnet Health one of the largest healthcare providers in the tri-county area. The System’s three hospital campuses (Catskill Regional Medical Center - Harris, Catskill Regional Medical Center - Callicoon and Orange Regional Medical Center) plus several outpatient facilities, offer a broad spectrum of care including:
- 606 licensed inpatient beds
- Emergency medicine
- Surgical services
- Ambulatory surgery services
- Skilled nursing units
- Cardiology services including emergency and elective angioplasty
- Oncology services from diagnosis to treatment
- Orthopedic services including joint replacements
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
- Birthing centers
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Outpatient diagnostic imaging
- Geriatric assessment
- Primary and family care practices
- Adult day care
- Mental health and chemical dependency programs
- Diabetes program
- Wound care
- Outpatient infusion services
- Rehabilitation services including: physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Hospitalist services
- Rape intervention and support services
- Community screenings and support groups
Reporting to the Vice President of Support Services and Real Estate and responsible for directing and coordinating all Facilities Management areas including: Engineering, Construction, Maintenance, Security, Safety, Emergency Preparedness, Environmental Services, and Plant Operation at all GHVHS campuses in accordance with policies and procedures and best practices. Coordinates and implements all required Environment of Care standards, rules and regulations. Also oversees CMS, DNV & DOH compliance for Environment of Care, Life Safety and Emergency Management. Chairperson for Space Resources and Energy Conservation/Sustainability Committees.
• Four year College Degree required
• Master’s preferred as well as formal education or subspecialty certifications in plant operations and environmental functions
• 10 years’ experience in a hospital or healthcare industry including at least 5 years in a management position
• Remains current in safety codes, DNV, NYSDOH CMS/Part 405 standards, AIA and NFPA, and plant operations through continuing education
• Travel to multiple facilities is required
• Walks or sits most of the day
• May be called upon to perform subordinate responsibilities in emergency situations requiring engineering/maintenance requirements
• May be required to lift heavy objects.
• Environmental Demands and Exposure to Hazards: Works in a clean, well- lighted, heated or ventilated facility. No routine exposure to hazards.
• Physical Demands: Demonstrates physical and functional ability to perform full anatomical range of motion to accomplish tasks. Evidence of visual and aural acuity and finger and hand dexterity to operate computer and office equipment. Can withstand long periods of sitting, standing and/or constant walking. Ability to lift 10 lbs.
• Mental Demands: Ability to foster collaborative relationships, to work well under pressure, to organize and synthesize new information, and prioritize tasks. Possesses critical thinking, analytical skills and flexibility. Ability to multi-task. Required detailed attention to work in an environment where interruptions cannot be controlled. Demonstrates sensitivity to customer needs and expectations. May be subject to irregular hours including evenings or potentially weekends to participate in operational and community events as necessary.