Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanic Tractor - B in Newburgh, NY at NFI Industries
at NFI Industries
The Mechanic Tractor B Perform all tractor and trailer repair diagnosis and correction following standard operating procedures (SOP’s). Completes routine rebuilds and replacements, makes best value and safety decisions to continue to operate, repair or replace, and performs technical repairs and/or replacement. Uses American Trucking Association (VMRS) system and other published and internet-based manuals and check sheets.
***$2,000 Sign on Bonus***TOP PAY!!***
Perform all tractor and trailer repair diagnosis and correction following standard operating procedures (SOP’s). Completes routine rebuilds and replacements, makes best value and safety decisions to continue to operate, repair or replace, and performs technical repairs and/or replacement. Uses American Trucking Association (VMRS) system and other published and internet-based manuals and check sheets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follows workplace and vehicle safety procedures consistently.
- Follows good housekeeping standards
- Follows SDS training and guidelines.
- Possess an advanced set of tools
- Able to perform proper preventive maintenance such as: lube, filters, inspection, including truck appearance, interior and exterior, cab related safety and security.
- Direct/Indirect labor accountability (completing paperwork)
- Diagnose and repair of cab related defects
- Perform all electrical repairs.
- Perform tires inspections for tread, inflation, rotation, wear, alignment
- Repairs exhaust related repair, DPF, DOC, EGR DEF.
- Perform emergency road calls
- Proficient brake diagnostic/repair & replace/adjustments
- Perform basic computer skills for company related initiatives.
- Possess diagnostic computer skills
- Able to perform DOT inspection in accordance to FMSCA guidelines
- Basic understanding and repair of drive train components
- Basic understanding and repair of cooling system maintenance and repair
- May perform basic accident repairs on tractors or trailers.
- Assist in parts inventory management
- ASE Certification in 4 areas to include PM and brakes
- Must be able to communicate with internal customers (i.e. other shop associates, drivers, other maintenance shops, etc.) on things such as wait times, reasons for repair decisions and status updates.
- Must have valid drivers license with acceptable driving record (Minimum B CDL required)
- Own necessary basic tools.
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting competency relating to equipment repairs.
- Successfully demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Examples of teamwork and customer service skills, including good oral and written communication skills.
- Required/Recommended Training (Technician Training Template)
- Must be able to lift and/or pull 75 lbs or more without restriction
- Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions
- Must be able to work in environment with excessive noise.
- Must be able to stand or lie for extended periods of time in order to repair equipment
- Must be able to have flexible movement: to reach equipment and/or parts and maneuver equipment
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of NFI about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at NFI via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of NFI, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by NFI for this position and a valid agreement with NFI is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the NFI agency engagement process hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.','title':'Mechanic Tractor - B