Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Resident Engineer - Airport
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs is seeking a qualified Resident Engineer/Assistant Resident Engineer with experience on major transportation construction projects. This person will oversee day to day construction management as an owner's representative on assigned projects in the area.
- Represent Owner in accordance with their guidelines and requirements.
- Supervise field office staff that may consist of Document Control, Inspector(s), Site Safety, and Contract Administrators.
- Prepare for and lead Owners meetings such as pre-construction conference, weekly project meetings, utility coordination meetings and other project meetings as necessary.
- Review and prepare draft responses for Owner approval of Requests For Information, Submittals, Contractor correspondence, Contractor Change Requests, Contractors Pay Requests.
- Serve as main point of contact and facilitate communication between Owner, Construction Contractor, and other project stakeholders.
- Review and insure construction work is completed in accordance with plans and specifications. Communicate deficiencies to Owner and Contractor
- Prepare draft Non-Conformance Reports for Owner's review and approval.
- Familiarity with site safety requirements.
- Ensure project documentation is full, complete and in accordance with Owner's requirements.
- Review and approval of Inspection Reports
- Coordinate testing and special inspection as necessary
- Assist Jacobs Project Manager in staffing and project budgeting
- Assist in preparation of proposals (Client Requests for Qualifications) and interviews.
- Assist in marketing and development of project staffing.
- Bachelor's degree or related experience is preferred
- At least 8 years' experience at a professional level in construction or design activities desired.
- Must be computer literate with solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required
- Effective oral and written communication skills is required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create a collaborative environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Inclusive and Diverse culture as well as our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.