Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
WIC Site Supervisor
Poughkeepsie - Family Partnership
# of Openings:
Hudson River HealthCare provides the highest quality of comprehensive primary, preventative and behavioral health services to all who seek it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay, especially for the underserved and vulnerable. Hudson River HealthCare (“HRHCare”) is a Federally Qualified, Non-Profit Health Center serving communities in Suffolk, Rockland, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan, Columbia and Westchester County. HRHCare is currently seeking a full-time WIC Site Supervisor which will be housed at our Poughkeepsie location.
The WIC Site Supervisor is responsible for implementing the WIC program at the assigned Hudson River HealthCare site(s). Supervises WIC staff assigned to the site, in the delivery of WIC services. Performs job duties in compliance with systems and job specific standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a WIC Site Supervisor:
- Supervises all WIC paraprofessionals staff
- Manages daily staffing plans, considering vacations and sick calls and ensures appropriate coverage for all WIC clinic shifts and off sites
- Oversees daily clinic function and interaction between staff and participants
- Run NYWIC reports as needed to monitor daily schedules and No shows
- Ensure staff and participants confidentiality at all times
- Completes e-time and assists staff with time management
- Holds weekly staff meeting to keep staff inform and up to date with WIC and HRHCare changes and new policies
- Attend supervisor trainings and other NYWIC trainings and conferences
- Works closely with Human Resources and other Departments if necessary and facilitates communication between staff and other departments when needed
- Hire staff that can provide culturally competent service that facilitates communication with participants
- Processes hiring paperwork for inexperienced staff
- Provides leadership in staff training, planning and implementation of policies and procedures of WIC Local agency
- Responsible to maintain NYWIC and Regular equipment Inventory
- Handles and resolves complaints and concerns from participants
- Works as a Qualified Nutritionist
- Performs annual staff performance Appraisal
- Assists with the completion of the annual Local Agency Compliance and Self-Assessment (LACASA)
- Acts as a liaison between the WIC Local Agency and other Local Community Services
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor's degree
Preferred Education Requirement
- Master's degree
Minimum Work Related Experience: 2 - 4 years
Preferred Work Related Experience: 5 - 8 years
Required Specialized Skills & Knowledge: R.N. or C.D.N. eligibility
Preferred Specialized Skills & Knowledge: Bi-lingual, Spanish speaking
We are a network of 40 community and migrant health centers located in Peekskill, Beacon, Poughkeepsie, Amenia, Dover Plains, Pine Plains, Hudson, Middletown, New Paltz, Goshen, Greenport, Haverstraw, Spring Valley, Nyack, Monticello, Walden and Yonkers, Amityville, Southampton, Wyandanch, Shirley, Patchogue, Coram, Huntington, Brentwood, Riverhead and the five boroughs. Annually, we serve over 185,000 patients and over 500,000 encounters.
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, Life and AD&D insurance, ongoing training opportunities and a wellness program.
Interested candidates please submit your resume.