Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Poughkeepsie - Family Partnership
# of Openings:
Hudson River HealthCare provides the highest quality of comprehensive primary, preventative and behavioral health services to all who see it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay, especially for the underserved and vulnerable. Hudson River HealthCare (“HRHCare”) is a Federally Qualified, Non-Profit Health Center serving communities in Suffolk, Rockland, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan, Columbia and Westchester County. HRHCare is currently seeking a full-time WIC Clerk to join our team at our Poughkeepsie site.
A WIC Clerk performs a variety of clerical duties necessary for implementation of the WIC program. S/he will work with WIC Nutritionist and other staff engaged in providing assistance to qualified women, infants and children. In addition, perform job duties in compliance with systems and job specific standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a WIC Clerk:
- Assigns and explains all appointments to participants, providing and reviewing appropriate forms required for appointments, including physical presence of family members.
- Explains WIC policies explanation to participants in unusual cases, such as foster children, custody issues or when further documentation is required.
- Actively participates in clinic function and flow assisting participants when needed.
- Is up to date with completion of reminder calls to participants, reminder calls are completed regularly. Additional tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
- Thoroughly documents in a clear and concise manner any incidents or explanations needed WICSIS
- Works in various WIC sites when needed.
- Provides positive input into the development of program policies and procedures. Actively demonstrates and promotes positive language and participant centered services throughout the work site.
- Utilizes tools and materials provided, such as common drive materials, scripts and dialogues.
Minimum Education Requirement: High School diploma/ GED
Minimum Work Related Experience: 0-1 year
Preferred Work Related Experience: 2-4 years
Preferred Specialized Skills and Knowledge: Ability to communicate in English and Spanish (orally and written)
We are a network of 40 community and migrant health centers located in Peekskill, Beacon, Poughkeepsie, Amenia, Dover Plains, Pine Plains, Hudson, Middletown, New Paltz, Goshen, Greenport, Haverstraw, Spring Valley, Nyack, Monticello, Walden and Yonkers, Amityville, Southampton, Wyandanch, Shirley, Patchogue, Coram, Huntington, Brentwood, Riverhead and the five boroughs. Annually, we serve over 185,000 patients and over 500,000 encounters.
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, Life and AD&D insurance, ongoing training opportunities and a wellness program.
Interested candidates please submit your resume.