Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
S4CH Billing Professional
# of Openings:
Hudson River HealthCare, Incorporated is a Federally Qualified Health Center with over 40 sites of operation serving nearly 185,000 patients and over 500,000 encounters. There are over 100 licensed professionals whom the Billing Department manages. HRHCare’s sites are located in 10 counties including Columbia, Dutchess, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Sullivan, Ulster and Westchester and even across the five boroughs.
Hudson River Healthcare’s mission is to provide a wide range of primary and preventive health services. Our focus is on the well-being of the whole person. We are committed to providing health services to all who seek it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay.
Solutions 4 Community Health is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hudson River Health Care and provides services including medical billing.
We are currently seeking a full-time Billing Professional for our Wappingers Fall, NY site who will be responsible for Billing Functions. The Billing Professional will report to the Manager of Revenue Cycle and work closely with the Director of Revenue Cycle and the VP of Information and Practice Management.
In general the Billing Professional will be responsible for timely claim creation, submission, payment posting, and reconciliation and timely follow-up appeals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Claim creation, splitting claims, write off and approval of appropriate claims
- Scrubbing and Submission of claims
- Ensuring claims are received by the payor
- Timely posting of all manual and electronic payments
- Tracking of payment files and communication to S4CH Management Team
- Appropriate insurance adjustments are applied after payment
- Cash and reconciliation and subsequent cash
- Patient and Insurance refunds
- Printing, balancing and distributing daily cash from scan drive
- Mail functions including incoming and bad address
- Ensuring unpaid claims are reviewed and appropriate action is taken
- Denials are worked and appealed as appropriate
The Billing Professional will be responsible to communicate to their supervisor any problems or issues as they occur. They will maintain a current knowledge of payor guidelines, fee schedules, contracts, quality incentives and system including ECW, Cognos and Claim Remedi
Other responsibilities include working well with other billing staff as well as communicating with our clients. A professional demeanor, adherence to all HRHC policies and procedures is required.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of one to two year’s experience in billing or revenue cycle management in either a physician practice or other similar setting. An Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience is preferred. Certification in Coding (CPC) is preferred. Possessing knowledge of New York State Department of Health programs or federally qualified health center operations considered advantageous. Demonstrated experience working in a diverse employment setting working collaboratively with other employees of Hudson River Healthcare considered an advantage.
We offer a competitive benefits package.