Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
# of Openings:
Hudson River HealthCare provides the highest quality of comprehensive primary, preventative and behavioral health services to all who seek it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay, especially for the underserved and vulnerable. Hudson River HealthCare (“HRHCare”) is a Federally Qualified, Non-Profit Health Center serving communities in Suffolk, Rockland, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan, Columbia and Westchester County. HRHCare is currently seeking a full-time Patient Representative to join our team in Beacon.
A Patient Representative is responsible for providing patient centered care and facilitating patient access to services in a pleasant, knowledgeable efficient manner, communicating with a diverse population using well-developed interpersonal skills. This staff member will be responsible for all aspects of the registration and appointment process for patients. The staff member plays an integral role in the medical care team as the access point for patients to receive care. She/he will perform job duties in compliance with systems and job specific standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for a Patient Representative:
- Assist with daily reception activities and ensure that all processes needed for patient services are initiated.
- Communicates effectively with team members and patients all aspects of service.
- Responsible for telephone and mail contact with patients.
- Responsible for the scheduling of appointments, fee collection, explanation of services and charges for patient services.
- Distributes materials to patients, including the patient satisfaction cards, patient rights and other appropriate materials.
- Verifies all insurance and sets fees based on the sliding scale fee.
Minimum Education Requirement: High School diploma/ GED
Minimum Work Related Experience: 2-4 years
Preferred Specialized Skills & Knowledge: Bilingual in both English and Spanish (orally and written)
We are a network of 40 community and migrant health centers located in Peekskill, Beacon, Poughkeepsie, Amenia, Dover Plains, Pine Plains, Hudson, Middletown, New Paltz, Goshen, Greenport, Haverstraw, Spring Valley, Nyack, Monticello, Walden and Yonkers, Amityville, Southampton, Wyandanch, Shirley, Patchogue, Coram, Huntington, Brentwood, Riverhead and the five boroughs. Annually, we serve over 185,000 patients and over 500,000 encounters.
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, Life and AD&D insurance, ongoing training opportunities and a wellness program.
Interested candidates please submit your resume.