Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
# of Openings:
Hudson River HealthCare provides the highest quality of comprehensive primary, preventative and behavioral health services to all who see it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay, especially for the underserved and vulnerable. Hudson River HealthCare (“HRHCare”) is a Federally Qualified, Non-Profit Health Center serving communities in Suffolk, Rockland, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan, Columbia and Westchester County. HRHCare is currently seeking a full-time Patient Navigator to join our team in Dover Plains.
A Patient Navigator identifies and links eligible patients and their families to primary care, mental health, restorative dental services, substance abuse treatment, specialty care and other required services through the LIFQHC. In addition, this person will perform other duties as assigned on as needed basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for a Patient Navigator:
- Facilitates patient care within different departments of Hudson River HealthCare and outside agencies.
- Responsible for referring patients to appropriate agencies, with specific focus on referrals to specialty care and public health insurance programs, as needed and appropriate; track progress in eCW and alert providers.
- Consult with medical staff to link patients to services through the provision of ancillaries such as translation, transportation assistance and application assistance.
- Responsible for all necessary clinical information available to specialist for referral groups; tracks referral appointments and obtains consultant reports; obtains consent for release of information.
- Assist patient in overcoming obstacles that would prevent them from receiving needed referrals.
- Provide basic instruction/health education to clarify provider instructions, procedures and referral needs.
Minimum Education Requirement: High School diploma/ GED
Minimum Work Related Experience: 2-4 years
Preferred Specialized Skills and Knowledge: Bilingual in English and Spanish (orally and written)
We are a network of 40 community and migrant health centers located in Peekskill, Beacon, Poughkeepsie, Amenia, Dover Plains, Pine Plains, Hudson, Middletown, New Paltz, Goshen, Greenport, Haverstraw, Spring Valley, Nyack, Monticello, Walden and Yonkers, Amityville, Southampton, Wyandanch, Shirley, Patchogue, Coram, Huntington, Brentwood, Riverhead and the five boroughs. Annually, we serve over 185,000 patients and over 500,000 encounters.
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, Life and AD&D insurance, ongoing training opportunities and a wellness program.
Interested candidates please submit your resume.