Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Practical Nurse
# of Openings:
Hudson River HealthCare provides the highest quality of comprehensive primary, preventative and behavioral health services to all who seek it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay, especially for the underserved and vulnerable. Hudson River HealthCare ("HRHCare") is a Federally Qualified, Non-Profit Health Center serving communities in Suffolk, Rockland, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan, Columbia and Westchester County. HRHCare is currently seeking a part-time Licensed Practical Nurse to join our team in Beacon.
A Licensed Practical Nurse renders nursing care to patients, within unit of the Center or authorized community site, in support of medical care as directed by the medical staff and pursuant to the objectives and policies of the Center. She/he will perform job duties in compliance with systems and job specific stands, and additional duties or tasks as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Interviews and maintains patient’s medical record to include: nursing observation; health history to include past and present use of medication; vital signs; vision/hearing tests; medications and treatments given; Reactions to tests i.e. PPD measurements; laboratory test results, utilizes patient identifiers. (PEAs, PhQ, Pain, Smoke Status, etc.) CDSS and ensure that CVRs are completed as needed
- Perform in-house labs, collect specimens for out-side labs perform quality control in accordance with organizational protocols.
- Complete and update all assigned tasks & logs
- Initiates follow-up as necessary (as directed by provider) i.e. encounter, labs, close non-billables, etc
- Does health teaching as indicated by physician, diagnosis and/or inquires by patient. Directs patient to Registered Nurse as necessary.
- Will collect data on patients under supervision of the Registered Nurse or provider. May not triage; may not interpret patient clinical data or act independently on such data.
Minimum Education Requirement: High school diploma/ GED
Preferred Education Requirement: Vocational/ Technical School/ Diploma Program - Nursing
Minimum Work Related Experience: 0-1 year
Preferred Work Related Experience: 2-4 years
- Valid New York State LPN License
- CPR Certification
- Infection Control Certification
We are a network of 40 community and migrant health centers located in Peekskill, Beacon, Poughkeepsie, Amenia, Dover Plains, Pine Plains, Hudson, Middletown, New Paltz, Goshen, Greenport, Haverstraw, Spring Valley, Nyack, Monticello, Walden and Yonkers, Amityville, Southampton, Wyandanch, Shirley, Patchogue, Coram, Huntington, Brentwood, Riverhead and the five boroughs. Annually, we serve over 185,000 patients and over 500,000 encounters.
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, Life and AD&D insurance, ongoing training opportunities and a wellness program.
Interested candidates please submit your resume.