Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
# of Openings:
Hudson River HealthCare provides the highest quality of comprehensive primary, preventative and behavioral health services to all who seek it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay, especially for the underserved and vulnerable. Hudson River HealthCare (“HRHCare”) is a Federally Qualified, Non-Profit Health Center serving communities in Suffolk, Rockland, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan, Columbia and Westchester County. HRHCare is currently seeking a full-time Laboratory Technician to join our team in Beacon.
A Laboratory Technician draws blood, processes blood, urine and other specimen types and performs lab tests as appropriate to a CLIA waved laboratory according to accepted protocol. Performs job duties in compliance with systems and job specific standards. Performs any additional jobs or duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Laboratory Technician:
- Draws blood from patient and processes it accordingly
- Maintains logs for equipment
- Prepares blood and urine specimens for testing both in house and for shipment to appropriate laboratory
- Conducts routine tests in areas such as serology, hematology, chemistry, histology and cytology using standard techniques and equipment
- Performs EKGs
- Keeps records for laboratory tests
- Maintains stock of laboratory supplies
- Interacts with outside labs to assure timely processing of specimens and prompt reporting of results
- Delivers all test results to the ordering department.
- Cleans laboratory equipment, glassware and instruments.
- Checks the equipment and arranges maintenance by the company that provides the equipment.
Minimum Education Requirement: High school diploma/ GED with a degree from a Vocational/ Technical School, concentration in Phlebotomy
Minimum Work Related Experience: 2 - 4 years
Preferred Certification: CPR/ BLS
We are a network of 40 community and migrant health centers located in Peekskill, Beacon, Poughkeepsie, Amenia, Dover Plains, Pine Plains, Hudson, Middletown, New Paltz, Goshen, Greenport, Haverstraw, Spring Valley, Nyack, Monticello, Walden and Yonkers, Amityville, Southampton, Wyandanch, Shirley, Patchogue, Coram, Huntington, Brentwood, Riverhead and the five boroughs. Annually, we serve over 185,000 patients and over 500,000 encounters.
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, Life and AD&D insurance, ongoing training opportunities and a wellness program.
Interested candidates please submit your resume.