Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Analyst Surgery Focus
- Requisition #
- Full Time
- Primary Shift
- Hours Per Week
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
Role Specific: Responsible for performing activities related to the design, build, implementation, and maintenance of IT applications that support the Surgical Services and Anesthesia departments within the inpatient hospital setting. Works to gather and evaluate business requirements for clinical applications. Provides troubleshooting, issue resolution and excellent customer service and support.
Responsible for daily support activities of all enterprise surgical users of the Information Technology System; including planning, design implementation, documentation, and Maintenance. Identifies and assists in the resolution of issues as they relate to the systems modules and functionality. Work directly with the departmental staff to design and use the system to continuously improve workflow and end user efficiency.
• Bachelor’s degree in health related field or Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Industrial Technology, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited institution is required or equivalent work experience.
• A minimum of four years recent experience in a healthcare setting, with two years of direct experience with documentation systems, preferred.
• An understanding of analytical processes, along with demonstrated proficient computer skills related to spreadsheet use.
• Travel between all Health Quest sites is a requirement of the job.
• Primary on-call rotation for 24x7x365 support of the system is required.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and leadership skills are required. Able to “team” effectively with all members of the greater Information System department.
• Substantial demands for visual acuity and sitting.
• Considerable demand for analyzing, perception/comprehension, judgment, complex reading and writing, memorization, and decision-making.
• It is necessary to attend vendor meetings, training and/or User Group Conferences.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
• Excellent leadership skills including interpersonal and communications skills (both written and verbal).
• Knowledge of Project Management Methodology with certification preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
• Able to deliver high quality project work as assigned on a daily basis.
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
• Certification in primary and secondary assigned application systems.