Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Analyst II-Clinical Amb/Lab Services
- Requisition #
- Full Time
- Primary Shift
- Hours Per Week
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
Responsible for performing activities related to the design, build, and implementation maintenance of IT systems that support the ambulatory environment. Utilizes knowledge of clinical workflow and operational processes within a department or discipline in order to promote effective use of information technology, including existing systems. Works closely with clinical leaders and IT staff to gather and evaluate business requirements for clinical applications. Manages to the agreed expectations and provides excellent customer services and support.
Key Responsibilities Specific to This Role:
- Partners with HQMP Management in supporting ambulatory practices and services.
- Evaluates new system’s features / functionalities in order to improve clinical workflows and create better patient care experience.
- Supports and prioritizes clinical applications work within the scope of medical practices.
- Troubleshoots problems, provides knowledge (System functionality and operational workflows) to business owners.
- Collaborates with medical practice administrative staff and EMR vendors to provide guidance and supporting in implementations of systems.
- Works with practices and IT leadership to assist in the development of a long term EMR strategic plan.
- Provides valuable clinical guidance and is an effective coordinator between acute and ambulatory IT realms
• Bachelor’s degree in health related field or Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Industrial Technology, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited institution is required or equivalent work experience.
• A minimum of four years recent experience in a healthcare setting, with two years of direct experience with documentation systems, preferred.
• An understanding of analytical processes, along with demonstrated proficient computer skills related to spreadsheet use.
• Travel between all Health Quest sites is a requirement of the job.
• Primary on-call rotation for 24x7x365 support of the system is required.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and leadership skills are required. Able to “team” effectively with all members of the greater Information System department.
• Substantial demands for visual acuity and sitting.
• Considerable demand for analyzing, perception/comprehension, judgment, complex reading and writing, memorization, and decision-making.
• It is necessary to attend vendor meetings, training and/or User Group Conferences.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
• Excellent leadership skills including interpersonal and communications skills (both written and verbal).
• Knowledge of Project Management Methodology with certification preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
• Able to deliver high quality project work as assigned on a daily basis.
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
• Certification in primary and secondary assigned application systems.
• 5 –7 years experience in an ambulatory practice.
• Expertise in healthcare EMRs as a system administrator, Cerner preferred.
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of healthcare delivery in both an ambulatory and hospital setting