Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Analyst II - Lab Focus
- Requisition #
- Full Time
- Primary Shift
- Hours Per Week
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
Responsible for performing activities related to the design, build, implementation, and maintenance of IT applications that support the Lab department throughout Health Quest as well as Lab Outreach. Provides troubleshooting, issue resolution and excellent customer service and support.
Key Responsibilities Specific to This Role:
1. Supports clinical applications in Laboratory including Lab Outreach, Pathology, Blood Bank, Microbiology and General Lab.
2. Enter new tests into LIS. Completes testing to assure accuracy of new test ordering, resulting, reporting and billing. Maintain the compendium in Lab Outreach application.
3. Troubleshoots problems, provides technical expertise and supports the user departments as requested by the users or vendors.
4. Implements modifications to the Laboratory applications as requested by users or required by vendors, analyzing operational impacts within the departments.
5. Evaluates new projects to determine scope and priority. Coordinates the design, development and implementation of authorized projects.
6. Supports users’ needs within the Laboratory, by designing reports, coordinating data mining through other systems and/or working with vendors for system modifications.
7. Actively participates in other projects/committees as requested to contribute to the departments overall goals and objectives.
8. Maintain knowledge of hospital billing systems. Follow established procedures to enter new charges into the hospital CDMs. Ability to edit billing reports, compile billing reports, and distribute as necessary.
9. Troubleshoots label and requisition printers as needed.
Essential Competencies Specific to This Role:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to tactfully facilitate conference calls / meetings with a large number of diverse participants
• An understanding of analytical processes with demonstrated proficiency in computer skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office standard applications required.
• Strong organization skills with accurate attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Exhibit outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Competencies Specific to This Role:
• Certification or previous experience supporting a clinical IT application
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of healthcare delivery in the hospital setting.
• Hospital or Community Lab experience
• Highly prefer Cerner experience
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in health related field or Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Industrial Technology, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited institution is required or equivalent work experience.
• A minimum of four years recent experience in a healthcare setting, with two years of direct experience with documentation systems, preferred.
• An understanding of analytical processes, along with demonstrated proficient computer skills related to spreadsheet use.
• Travel between all Health Quest sites is a requirement of the job.
• Primary on-call rotation for 24x7x365 support of the system is required.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and leadership skills are required. Able to “team” effectively with all members of the greater Information System department.
• Substantial demands for visual acuity and sitting.
• Considerable demand for analyzing, perception/comprehension, judgment, complex reading and writing, memorization, and decision-making.
• It is necessary to attend vendor meetings, training and/or User Group Conferences.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
• Excellent leadership skills including interpersonal and communications skills (both written and verbal).
• Knowledge of Project Management Methodology with certification preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
• Able to deliver high quality project work as assigned on a daily basis.
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
• Certification in primary and secondary assigned application systems.
M-F with on call