Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Analyst I
- Requisition #
- Full Time
- Primary Shift
- Hours Per Week
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
Responsible for providing entry level support for assigned IT Applications throughout the Health Quest System. Delivers excellent customer service, assistance on projects, basic troubleshooting of user issues and appropriate escalation to senior staff as needed.
1. Collaboration with Business Owners:
a. Participates in various meetings with IT staff and end users including the physician community as directed by senior IT staff or IT leadership.
b. Meets with appropriate end user department as requested to review open issues.
c. Responsible for supporting staff by achieving a basic understanding of workflows, requirements, priorities and industry best practices.
d. Works within the IT team to develop solutions to meet end user needs.
2. System Support – Break Fix/Maintenance:
a. Supports assigned IT applications throughout all hospital sites.
b. Performs basic troubleshooting for assigned applications and/or process related problems.
c. Provides support for system break/fix and maintenance including documentation via Infopoint of root cause, troubleshooting activities, testing, and resolution.
d. Escalates problems as necessary to Senior Analysts and/or vendor
e. Adheres to Change Management Policies.
f. Performs table maintenance activities to ensure compliance with existing / future expectations.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Associate Degree or equivalent experience required. Bachelor’s degree in health related field or Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Industrial Technology, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited institution or equivalent experience is preferred.
• A minimum of two years recent experience in a healthcare setting, with one year of direct experience with documentation systems, preferred. An understanding of analytical processes, along with demonstrated proficient computer skills related to spreadsheet use.
• Travels between all Health Quest sites is a requirement of the job.
• Primary on-call rotation for 24x7x365 support of the system is required.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and leadership skills are required. Able to “team” effectively with all members of the greater Information System department.
• Substantial demands for visual acuity and sitting.
• Considerable demand for analyzing, perception/comprehension, judgment, complex reading and writing, memorization, and decision-making.
• It is necessary to attend vendor meetings, training and/or User Group Conferences.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, which include communication (both written and verbal).
• An understanding of analytical processes, along with demonstrated proficient computer skills related to spreadsheet use and other Microsoft Office Applications.
• Able to deliver high quality project work as assigned on a daily basis.
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
• Certification in Primary IT Application Preferred
8am -4:30pm Flexible schedule as needed