Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Stroke Program Coordinator RN
- Requisition #
- Full Time
- Primary Shift
- Hours Per Week
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
The Stroke Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating a comprehensive, evidence based Joint Commission Disease Specific Certified Stroke program, New York State Department of Health Certified Stroke Center and compliant with American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Gold standards for Stroke Get With the Guidelines. This position coordinates the development of the program including leading the multidisciplinary teams, collaborating with the Department of Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Interventional Radiology for the development and implementation of protocols, policies, order sets, and educational materials. The Stroke Program Coordinator provides community outreach recommendations, performance improvement support, and coordinates quality outcomes tracking and reporting in accordance with Joint Commission, New York State and American Heart Association/American Stroke Association standards. Population based initiatives conducted depending on scope of services in the department.
• Bachelors’ of Science in Nursing.
• Minimum 3 years of acute care hospital experience and basic computer skills.
• Preferred: RN with >10 years experience Neurology background
• Preferred: Prior experience in performance improvement activities.
• Self-directed with strong organizational and prioritization skills.
• Demonstrates leadership skills with excellent observation, critical thinking, and decision making skills.
• Ability to assess, evaluate, educate and collaborate with all members of the care team.
• Ability to communicate and interact with all levels of professionals, including physicians, nursing personnel and managers in a non-confrontational manner.
• Current New York State Registered Nurse license required.