Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse Movement Disorders
- Requisition #
- Full Time
- Primary Shift
- Hours Per Week
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for supporting the newly established HQMP Movement Disorder program. The programs serves individuals with neurologic conditions that cause problems with movement and mobility. Works in collaboration with the physicians to assess, plan, provide patient care and implement a plan of care. Orders, interprets, and records results of clinical tests and reports results to physicians.
1. Provide neurology nursing care to patients suffering movement disorders from neurological conditions.
2. Assist neurologists in diagnosing patients with brain and nervous system.
3. Administer therapeutic interventions to neurology patients.
4. Obtain patient history and communicate to consulting neurologist.
5. Monitor and evaluate neurology patients health as ordered by physician.
6. Assist neurologists in appropriate outpatient procedures.
7. Maintain and Model REACH Values (Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Compassion, Honor).
8. Demonstrates regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
9. Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in nursing or equivalent experience.
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience in neurology nursing care.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
• Demonstrates strong leadership qualities, sound decision making qualities, and the ability communicate effectively with others.
• Basic computer knowledge.
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
• Current NYS RN License.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certified.
HQMP- Movement Disorders
8:30AM - 5PM Other schedule as needed