Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physical Therapist-NDH-Out patient
- Requisition #
- Full Time
- Primary Shift
- Hours Per Week
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
Uses the therapeutic application of physical and chemical agents, exercise, and other procedures for the treatment and prevention of illness and injury; evaluates patient’s abilities and needs; establishes plan of care and goals. Objective: achieve the highest possible level of functional independence for each patient - restore function and decrease potential for further disability. Population served based on scope of services in the department.
1. Thoroughly evaluates and sets plan of care to meet patients identified treatment needs.
2. Establishes objective, measurable and function patient goals.
3. Implements and updates treatment program to maximal effectiveness.
4. Effectively oversees patient care delivery by assistants/aides.
5. Completes all documentation within established time frames and according to regulatory guidelines.
6. Involves patient/family in establishing treatment plan and accommodates for individual needs (cultural differences, language, etc.)
7. Participates in educational in-services, meetings and performance improvement activities as requested by Coordinator.
8. Assists in the training/supervision of affiliating students/volunteer as requested.
9. Maintains all department equipment and treatment areas in a clean and safe manner.
10. Accurately enters patient charges/provides patient billing information to office staff.
11. Maintain and Model REACH Values (Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Compassion, Honor)
12. Demonstrates regular, reliable and predictable attendance
13. Performs other duties as required
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree PT
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
• New grad
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
• NYS PT License
• BLS certified for Health Annex Therapist