Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Requisition #
- Full Time
- Primary Shift
- Hours Per Week
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
A Registered Physical Therapist (PT) administers physical therapy to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Director of Patient Services/ Therapy Clinical Manager.
• Graduate from a physical therapist curriculum approved by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education, American Physical Therapy Association, or the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association, or the Council of Medical Education of the American Medical Association and American Physical Therapy Association.
• PREFER: Two (2) years’ experience as an Physical Therapist.
• PREFER: Prior Home Care Experience
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
• Able to function independently in a practice environment with minimal supervision, accepting personal responsibility for clinical and interpersonal skills.
• Responsible for maintaining clinical practice skills necessary in-home care and for learning and adhering to agency's policies and procedures.
• Must have the ability and stamina to maintain mental and emotional equilibrium during unpredictable, changing and stressful situations presented in the home care setting.
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
• Licensure as a Physical Therapist in New York State.
• Valid NYS Driver’s License
• Proof of Auto Insurance
• PREFER: Basic Life Support (BLS)
Monday-Friday with occasional weekend/holiday