Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Requisition #
- Full Time
- Primary Shift
- Hours Per Week
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
Works as an effective team member of the perfusion service and provides for the safe performance and/or management of:
- Extracorporeal circulation/cardiopulmonary support
- Circulatory support/ventricular assistance
- Blood Conservation techniques/autotransfusion
- Myocardial preservation
- Anticoagulation and hematologic monitoring/analysis
- Physiologic monitoring/analysis
- Blood gas and blood chemistry monitoring/analysis
- Induction of hypothermia/hyperthermia with reversal
- Administration of medications, blood components and anesthetic agents via the extracorporeal circuit
- Documentation associated with described duties
- Education: Four-year college degree from an institution recognized or accredited by the Board of Regents of the New York Education Department as a post-secondary, degree-granting institution
- Graduate of a Cardiovascular Perfusion program recognized and accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and the Accreditation Committee for Perfusion Education (AC-PE)
- Experience: Three years as a Perfusionist
- Certification: Certified Clinical Perfusionist (CCP) as recognized by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion