Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Manager of Mother/Baby Unit
- Requisition #
- Full Time
- Primary Shift
- Hours Per Week
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
The Manager Mother Baby Unit at Vassar Brothers Medical Center assumes responsibility for and is accountable for the 24-hour delivery of care on Mother/Baby unit consistent with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures of the Nursing Department and Medical Center administration.
1. Oversee day-to-day operations within the Mother/Baby unit, resolving problems as necessary, and ensuring that operations are efficient, compliant, safe, and of the highest possible quality.
2. Sets realistic goals and objectives that support the accomplishment of the unit's mission.
3. Assumes responsibility for the supervision of nursing personnel, to facilitate optimal patient care through the use of nursing process on a 24-hour basis.
4. Develops and identifies the need for programs to maintain and further the skill level of unit employees.
5. Reviews assignment and works with Associate Nurse Manager and charge nursing personnel to ensure appropriate distribution of nursing resources that promote optimal care.
6. Encourages and fosters staff development through provision of educational and personal growth opportunities.
7. Develops and maintains a Quality Improvement program and policies that meets acceptable established standards, and reflects the goals and objectives of the Nursing Department.
8. Oversee all aspects of the budgeting for the unit
Vassar Brothers Medical Center (VBMC) is a 365-bed facility that has served New York’s Mid-Hudson Valley since 1887. Overlooking the beautiful Hudson River in the City of Poughkeepsie, NY, VBMC has established expertise in cardiac services, cancer care and women and children’s health services. As a renowned regional medical center, VBMC houses the area’s first and only cardiothoracic surgery program between Westchester and Albany and the only Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) in the region for premature and critically ill infants. The teams of physicians, surgeons and specialists bring innovative procedures and services to VBMC including robotic orthopedic surgery, liver and pancreatic surgery, interventional neuroradiology, surgical oncology and transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR).
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Master's degree in Nursing or related management.
• Graduate from accredited school of nursing.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Nursing and Nursing Leadership
• PREFER: Three to five (3 -5) years’ experience at an acute care hospital in Maternal Child Health leadership with 24/7 accountability and a high volume of deliveries.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
• Knowledge of Maternal Child Health Joint Commission Standards and metrics
• Knowledge of New York State and Federal regulations governing Maternal Child Health nursing.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced Maternal Child Health environment
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care to patient served on the nursing unit.
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
• Current New York State R.N. license in good standing.