Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Requisition #
- Full Time
- Primary Shift
- Hours Per Week
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
Purpose: The IT Educator II analyzes, designs, develops, implements and evaluates education products for individuals who use Information Technology (IT) systems throughout Health Quest.
Span of Control: This person has advanced knowledge and skills along with the motivation to excel while performing with minimal guidance. The IT Educator II also serves as the first "Go-To" resource for assistance needed by the IT Educator I; creates appropriate schedules and tracks progress toward milestone completions for education projects.
1. Analyzes, designs, develops, implements and evaluates education products for individuals who use IT systems throughout Health Quest.
2. Utilizes a variety of learning materials and resources to engage learners.
3. Designs and implements methods to measure competency levels of individuals who use IT systems throughout Health Quest.
4. Collaborates closely with stakeholders to share information and ascertain education requirements, including remedial activities.
5. Serves as the first "Go-To" person for assistance needed by IT Educator I.
6. Creates schedules and tracks progress toward milestone completions for education projects.
7. Keeps abreast of developments in subject areas, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and products.
8. Provides limited technical support to end users and facilitates communication with technical resources when more advanced technical assistance is required.
9. Builds and maintains a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers.
10. Models and keeps REACH values: Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Compassion, Honor
11. Demonstrates reliability and exhibits teamwork.
12. Complies with Health Quest’s confidentiality policies.
13. Performs other functions the IT Learning Services Manager deems necessary to address Health Quest’s current and future business strategies.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in education, management, organizational development, human resources or comparable fields of study. Experience will be considered in lieu of minimum education.
2. A Minimum of three (3) years of experience in workplace learning with respect to:
▪ Knowledge of and the ability to use the organization’s and industry-wide standards of excellence, policies and procedures
▪ Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems for clinical and revenue cycle areas
▪ Knowledge engaging adult learners by providing relevant and engaging education products
▪ Experience working independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, productive work environment
▪ Various phases of education projects including analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
▪ Excellent interpersonal skills, including communication (both written and verbal)
▪ Understanding of analytical processes, along with demonstrated proficient computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office® applications
▪ Ability to deliver high quality work, as assigned, on a daily basis