Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Requisition #
- Full Time
- Primary Shift
- Hours Per Week
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
The HR Coordinator contributes to the success of the HR Department by providing day-to-day HR support and administration of
policies and programs for internal client groups. Provides administrative support to the HR Business Partner team. Manages data,
completes data analysis, and supports system-wide projects and processes.
1. Intake employee questions/concerns regarding benefits, leaves, HR policy and program administration in a friendly, supportive,
and responsive manner. Partner with HR management team to resolve issues as applicable. Inform appropriate HR team member
of complex or escalated issues/concerns.
2. Provides administrative support to HRBP team. Prepares/submits forms and documentation, schedule meetings, and prepare
3. Serves as a key team member on critical projects. Creates and updates process maps, maintains project documentation, and
collects and analyzes data.
4. Identifies opportunities to improve processes to increase effectiveness, mitigate risk, and ensure repeatability and reliability.
5. Oversees the exit interview process. Ensures survey is sent out as appropriate, and generates reports to trend data for HRBP
team review. Prepares summary data for dashboard and senior executive reporting.
6. Manages the administration of the Reduction in Force (RIF) process, ensuring timely and accurate processing of employee
payments. Maintains confidential data reporting and notifies stakeholders to ensure a smooth and seamless internal and external
process. Maintains RIF package documentation at all designated locations across the system.
7. Maintains filing and record systems electronically and by paper. Provides information as needed based on documentation
request, i.e. information related to unemployment claims, investigations, etc. May provide support for union grievances and
Requests for Information (RFIs).
8. Assists in all HR admin/transactions via multiple HRIS systems and established processes. Creates HRIS reports as requested.
9. Facilitates and resolves issues with the completion, submission, and tracking of employee information changes (transfers,
terminations, market adjustments, etc.).
10. Manages the verification of employment (VOE) process for assigned client areas, ensuring timely and accurate reporting of
11. Prepares and maintains physical and digital employee files.
12. Responds to incoming unemployment requests from the state of CT and NY, utilizing the third party vendor process to provide
information within deadlines. Coordinates hearing appearances or responses with HRBPs.
13. Arranges calendar for HR Team. Schedules daily/weekly meetings utilizing electronic scheduler and coordinates with requester
and other operations support staff. Reserves meeting area and prepares room for meeting. Prepares updates and distributes
14. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum of 3-5 years job-related experience in a confidential setting.
Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
required. Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel required. Must possess strong organizational skills and detail orientation.
Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion and work in a team setting. Excellent written and communication skills.
Must be able to work independently and be able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
Ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
Strong customer service skillset.
Knowledge of data management systems.
High School Diploma required.
Bachelor degree preferred, with a focus in human resources, business, organizational development, industrial/organizational psychology or other related discipline preferred.
Desired (not required) criteria include: Experience with Infor, Lawson, and/or other HR Information Systems.
License, Registration, Certification Requirements: SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, HRCI SPHR, or HRCI PHR preferred.