Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director Oncology Nursing / Clinical Quality
- Requisition #
- Full Time
- Primary Shift
- Hours Per Week
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
The Director Oncology Nursing / Clinical Quality provides leadership for clinical, quality, administrative departments, as well as the promotion of patient experience and research in support of the Oncology Service Line. The Director works closely with the physician and hospital leaders, Chief Nursing Officers and other service providers to translate the hospital's mission and goals into specific practice goals and objectives to enhance service delivery to oncology patients in their continuum of care. The position will be responsible for providing expertise in nursing quality and clinical leadership for inpatient and ambulatory patients, improving patient experience and nursing practices, performance improvement, and developing and implementing a vision for a strategic clinical service line across the healthcare system.
- Works closely with executive leadership within the Oncology Service Line and across the health system in strategic planning to support, clinical service line growth, clinical excellence and advances in research.
- Collaborates with senior leaders to establish strategic patient care delivery, patient access, patient flow initiatives, integration planning and facility space planning to support growth and strategic vision for clinical care delivery for the health system.
- Ensures that the operational infrastructure supports all aspects of clinical quality standards, nursing practices, and research as outlined by the Oncology Nursing Society, American Cancer Society, CMS, FACT, The American Colleges of Surgeons and The Joint Commission.
- Ensures that all aspects of clinical oncological research have effective clinical leadership and
- Collaborates and provides strategic input of network growth, planning and operations as it pertains to clinical talent and research support.
About: The Dyson Center for Cancer Care, the Dyson Breast Center and Health Quest Medical Practice, P.C. – all part of the Health Quest family – provide a comprehensive cancer care team, right in your neighborhood.
The cancer care program encompasses advanced diagnostic imaging, sophisticated radiation treatment technologies and specialized surgical oncology teams. Our growing team of medical oncologists brings a new and innovative approach to cancer care in the Mid-Hudson Valley.
Our care teams take a multidisciplinary and collaborative approach, combined with evidence-based medicine. We meet regularly to discuss cases and address all aspects of a patient's diagnosis and treatment plan. Our team of certified nurse navigators helps patients and families through the complex world of cancer treatment to make your experience as seamless as possible.
The team includes:
- Medical oncologists
- Specialized surgical oncologists (including hepatobiliary/pancreatic, thoracic, breast and gastrointestinal cancer surgeons)
- Radiation oncologists
- Physician assistants
- Nurse practitioners
- Certified nurse navigators
- Rehabilitation therapists
- Lymphedema specialists
- Social workers
- Registered Dietitians
If you are facing cancer, you do not want to have to wait for care. Our team is committed to seeing you promptly.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing a clinical setting and clinical operations.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in hands on work in clinical setting.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with Clinical Research Trials.
- PREFER: Masters in Nursing or health related field.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
• Exceptional MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and presentation skills.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
• New York State Registered Nurse (RN) License.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certified.
• Oncology Nursing Society certification or in progress.
• Certification in Lean/Six Sigma or other process improvement methodology.