Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director Nursing: Float Pool & IV Team
- Requisition #
- Full Time
- Primary Shift
- Hours Per Week
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
Vassar Brothers Medical Center is hiring a Director Nursing for Float pool and IV Team
The Director manages at team of 100+ FTE accountable for the 24/7 delivery of care on partnered units consistent with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures of the Nursing Department and Medical Center administration. The Director build partnerships with the different units supported by the float pool and IV Team. Utilizes principles of management and the nursing process to achieve optimal care delivery through effective utilization of resources. Demonstrates the leadership, knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care to the age of the patient served on the nursing unit or by patient care departments. Works within the guidelines set by the institution to insure fiscal stability and to provide quality services to the community it serves.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND STANDARDS
- Planning. Uses planning process as a tool for management of the nursing Staff.
- Communication. Fosters an environment for open communications and collaborative practice.
- Guest Relations: Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all patients, family members, visitors and medical center personnel as defined in the philosophy of Vassar Brothers Medical Center.
- Staff Development. Encourages and fosters staff development through provision of educational and personal growth opportunities.
- Quality Improvement. Develops and maintains a Quality Improvement program that meets acceptable established standards, and reflects the goals and objectives of the Nursing Department.
- Fiscal Management. Delivers quality care while keeping costs within the hospital's fiscal standards.
- Personal Development. Seeks out opportunities for growth that enhance professional practice.
- Labor Relations. Establishes a relationship with employees that fosters effective working relationships and allows all parties to function optimally at their jobs.
- Possesses the ability to understand and react effectively to the implementation and evaluation of health care treatment by accurately assessing the patient's requirements relative to his/her age specific
- Previous experience of Three to Five years in acute care hospital unit leadership with 24/7 accountability
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience as staff nurse with a Clinical Coordinator/Assistant Nurse Manager or Charge Nurse role to acquire supervisory skills and knowledge of the area to be managed.
- Experience in multiple acute specialties (Med Surg, ICU, OB, ED) a plus.
- Required: Graduate of accredited school of Nursing.
- Required: BSN or MSN. MSN preferred
License: Current New York State R.N. license in good standing.