Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dir Financial Operations
- Requisition #
- Full Time
- Primary Shift
- Hours Per Week
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
The Director of Financial Accounting - PHC/SH/Accounts Payable/Treasury assumes the responsibility for the direct financial reporting for various affiliates of the HQ System, including planning and managing procedures related to financial work flow controls and reporting. Additionally, assumes oversight responsibility for planning and managing procedures related to work-flow, controls and employees.
1. Optimizes financial performance within span of control. Identify trends, variances, and opportunities. Acts promptly to address problems and exploit opportunities. Participate in budget development by providing analysis, projections, and budget recommendations.
2. Oversees day-to-day operations within span of control, resolving problems as necessary, and ensuring that operations are efficient, compliant, safe, and of the highest possible quality. Optimize management structures and workflows within span of control to continually improve quality and efficiency.
3. Oversees the review and distribution of the monthly financial statements.
4. Oversees the reconciliation of entities bank accounts on a monthly basis and ensures complete reconciliation to the General Ledger.
5. Reviews all financial statement analysis worksheets for balance sheet accounts and expense accounts.
6. Responsible for coordination of all documentation and records as requested by outside audit firms for the interim and year-end audits as efficiently as possible.
7. Oversees the responsibility for the day to day operations of Accounts Payable department and provides routine direction to AP manager.
8. Oversees daily cash management for Health Quest and affiliates to ensure adequate working capital required for daily operations. Manages all banking activities including initiation of wires and transfers, positive pay and debit blocks. Oversees the filing for NYS Unclaimed funds for all entities.
9. Assists management in preparation for monthly operating reviews and assists budget department and management during annual budget process
10. Reviews the monthly inter-company transactions, allocating affiliate support service expenses to the appropriate entities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Seven (7) years’ experience in Healthcare Finance preferred
• Three (3) years’ experience in managerial / supervisory role
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, relevant field or equivalent experience
• PREFER: Master’s Degree
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
• Experience generating complex financial analysis
• Presentation abilities
• Strong MS Office skills
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
Leadership Skill Requirements:
• Maintain and Model REACH Values: (Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Compassion, Honor).
• Action and Results-Oriented: Ability to establish key goals, drive and track results among multiple decision-makers and stakeholders and meet deadlines in a fast-moving environment.
• Political Savvy and Diplomacy:
o Ability to maneuver through complex, politically-charged situations and understand the dynamics and culture of the organization.
o Ability to anticipate problems and negotiate solutions with peers and senior leadership and other key stakeholders.
• Ability to Build Relationships Through Integrity and Trust:
o Ability to quickly gain the trust and respect of others, drive collaboration, build a teamwork environment, search for the win/win scenarios.
• Influencing Skills: Ability to lead an organization using influence, rather than possessing direct authority of others, being sensitive, yet direct in both verbal and written communications.
• Managing Complexity: Ability to lead and drive results in a complex organization, achieving alignment between often conflicting priorities, initiatives and people.
Functional/Technical Skills Requirements:
• Analytics and Strategy: Expertise in developing and executing data-driven approaches to enhancing business decision-making and improving operational performance (preferably in healthcare). Advanced knowledge of business intelligence best practices, familiarity with fact-based management tools and techniques to drive strategies and a continuous improvement culture.
• Communications: Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to take abstract, complex and/or technical information and break it down for a variety of audiences in a way that is meaningful for them.
• Functional Oversight: Issue identification, gap analysis, ability to prioritize business needs and execute solutions.
• Financial Management: Ability to understand financial reports, develop basic financial models, and identify trends, variances, and opportunities.