Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Centralized Medical Scheduler
- Requisition #
- Part Time
- Primary Shift
- Hours Per Week
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
Provide professional customer service by obtaining and verifying demographic, insurance information, and exam to be scheduled for pre-registration, financial clearance, and check in processes. Responsible for providing a working knowledge and understanding of insurance requirements and provide courteous and prompt telephone reception.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of two (2) years medical office experience.
• Prior experience with physician scheduling and familiar with insurance company guidelines.
• PREFER: One year of college or specialized post-high school training in medical terminology and medical office procedures.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
• Ability to handle a high volume of calls on a daily basis.
• Ability to work efficiently in a high demand, team oriented and fast paced environment.
• Ability to handle diverse patients and utilize exceptional listening skills when working under pressure.
• High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently without supervision.
• Must possess strong attention to detail and time management skills to participate in multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
10a-4p Mon through Friday